Art Dir, ICA, Global Marketing
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Puma North America Inc.
At PUMA, we are in constant pursuit of faster. That extends beyond our support of the fastest athletes in the world. We also work to be fast in how we adapt to and connect with the constantly changing world around us. Through innovative design, iconic footwear and apparel, and authentic partnerships, we aim to always push what's next in both sport and culture.
That hustler's spirit can be felt across PUMA categories, partnerships, offices, and countries. And we are always in search of talent that can help us set the pace at which sport and culture collide, as well as finding better ways to connect and collaborate with our communities.
PUMA supports over 13,000 employees across 120+ countries. The PUMA Group owns the brand PUMA, Cobra Golf and Dobotex, and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
- Collaborate with the Head of Brand Creative, Content Creators, Writers and Designers in the conception of high-production communications
- Work across channels (consumer, commercial) to execute ideas that deliver on creative directions developed by ICA
- Be a leading voice in both ICA and cross-channel brainstorming sessions
- Stay aware of, and be able to provide examples of, relevant trends in the marketplace
- Work with the Head of Brand Creative and senior management in the business units to develop briefs for campaigns and other communications initiatives
- Help identify, hire and brief external partners - photographers, illustrators, animators, producers
- Work with internal producers to plan and execute photoshoots and other types of productions
- Understand how to work within production budgets on a project by project basis together with production managers
- Oversee the post-production asset selection and retouching process
- Oversee the development of creative guidelines to aid in regional execution of global concepts
- Oversee the development and execution of sales tools - creative proposals, mood boards, internal documents
- Act as a senior leader within ICA
- Lead and develop junior members of the ICA team
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design and/or relevant field of study
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience in print/film/digital/retail/brand design
- Exceptional ability to see projects through all phases of implementation including: concept ideation; design development; and resource allocation/management
- Thorough understanding of creative process, color theory and typography as well as interactive, digital design and video storytelling
- Fluent in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat on Mac
- Exceptional presentation skills and proven ability to effectively work with senior management to brainstorm, design and strategize the fulfillment of marketing executions
- Experience directing and overseeing both studio and location photo shoots under aggressive, time-sensitive conditions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to function autonomously and in a cooperative, diverse group
- Leadership capabilities, including ability to motivate and mentor others within work group
- Strong information seeking skills and a penchant for resourcefulness
- Tremendous attention to detail, and extraordinary time-management skills
- Experience in the fashion, athletic/apparel industry a plus
- Travel up to 15%, including international travel may be required
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.For additional information, please contact: