Strength and Conditioning Intern
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Emory & Henry College
The Athletics Department at Emory & Henry College has an opening for aPart-Time Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach. This position is a 10 month PAID position that will report to the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach. Candidates must have integrity, self-motivation, enthusiasm, a strong willingness to learn and improve, and must demonstrate effective organization and communication skills.
Emory & Henry College is an NCAA DIII institution located in Southwest Virginia. The athletics program fields 22 varsity teams that compete in the Old Dominion Athletic Conference. This position will have the opportunity to work with football and all Olympic sports. In addition to a stipend, this position will have a partial meal plan, and the possibility of on-campus housing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Design, supervision, and daily execution of strength & conditioning programs for assigned teams, including sport and athlete specific injury prevention, strength, speed, agility, flexibility, mobility, energy system training, and testing. Assist with training of other teams as needed. Work with Athletic Training Staff to develop appropriate return to competition training programs for injured athletes. Work with assigned sport coaching staff to create an appropriate annual training plan. Attend to daily maintenance and cleaning of strength & conditioning facility. Participate in weekly education/career development meetings. Supervise undergraduate interns. Additional responsibilities as required. Work schedule:
Not to exceed 1,000 hours per 10 months. Anticipated start date ASAP.
- Must hold a Bachelor's degree from a nationally accredited university/college in exercise science or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Must possess NSCA CSCS and/or CSCCa SCCC, and provide documentation.
- Must be CPR/AED/First Aid certified, and provide documentation.
- Must possess a strong desire to become a collegiate strength and conditioning coach.
- Previous internship experience at the collegiate level strongly recommended. Successful experience with different methods of energy system training preferred.