Assoc Buyer - Men's Golf Apparel
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Dick's Sporting Goods Corp
The Associate Buyer owns a subcategory of product; this includes establishing and maintaining supplier relationships to purchase products for a subcategory. This position also supports the buyer or senior buyer in category and subcategory strategy development.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and manage merchandise assortments for subcategory of product, in partnership with the buyer - including selecting and purchasing merchandise by considering type, quality, source, timing, delivery, mix, and promotion
- Optimize sales, inventory levels and gross margin dollars by analyzing, evaluating/recommending, negotiating and executing adjustments as needed, with their business partners (Vendors, Planning & AR).
- Analyze economic, financial, market, competitive/noncompetitive and industry data to assess current business strategies or identify future business opportunities. Assume the customer's perspective and ensure merchandising strategies will meet customer needs (current and future).
- Establishing ad quantities and orders with Allocations Department to support planned sales for our regional marketing initiatives.
- Shop national DSG stores, as well as other comparative retail stores, to identify new trends and opportunities, evaluate merchandise mix, evaluate competition, and translate findings into executable product plans.
- Build strategic relationships with vendors and cross functional partners and Directors to discuss the business overall, recent trends, etc. Leverage vendor relationships to gain knowledge and data as it pertains to product category. Partner with buyers to manage product selection and pricing negotiations.
- Creates reports to assist in managing the business. Ensures accuracy of merchandising reports, assortment sheets, and receipts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Merchandising or Business Related field
- 3 - 5 Years
- Previous experience as Assistant Buyer preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Business acumen
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong Interpersonal and client consultation skills
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Strong presentational skills
- Problem solving & troubleshooting capabilities
- Execution skills
- Ability to drive projects and manage project teams
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- In depth analytical skills
- Strong detail orientation
- Superior organizational abilities
- Retail Math
- Ability to travel