Apparel Product Line Manager, RCC
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Puma North America Inc.
At PUMA, we are in constant pursuit of faster. That extends beyond our support of the fastest athletes in the world. We also work to be fast in how we adapt to and connect with the constantly changing world around us. Through innovative design, iconic footwear and apparel, and authentic partnerships, we aim to always push what's next in both sport and culture.
That hustler's spirit can be felt across PUMA categories, partnerships, offices, and countries. And we are always in search of talent that can help us set the pace at which sport and culture collide, as well as finding better ways to connect and collaborate with our communities.
PUMA supports over 13,000 employees across 120+ countries. The PUMA Group owns the brand PUMA, Cobra Golf and Dobotex, and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
- Build and manage a profitable and efficient apparel business within the region.
- Accountable for the Product Management of a portion of the product lines (key account SMUs, high-volume value channel SMUs, Made for USA PUMA outlets, regionally-specific inline products to complement the global inline collection).
- Develop products, which satisfy the needs of PUMA subsidiaries in the Americas region. Ensure that concepts/ranges/products are on strategy, customer and brand relevant.
- Liaise with global business units and North American merchandising team to build product assortments that cover regional needs from styles, silhouettes, fabrics within the inline global collection to gain efficiencies.
- Adhere to global design direction and global brand strategy.
- Adhere to and help administer regional style/article count objectives and other KPIs.
- Close collaboration and communication with sales teams and accounts for to get product related feedback.
- Manage product lines through a process of range planning, internal design and development meetings, cost negotiations until prototype approvals and launching the lines at the regional sales meetings
- Prepare product line strategy and ensure the formulation of product briefs, set price points and FOB targets, margins, volume forecasting.
- Ensure accurate and time sensitive set up and maintenance of all SMU product and all required information in all Puma related systems
- Plan and coordinate the final check of order windows and on-shelf-dates and work with planning teams for efficient ordering.
- Participate in all collection-related meetings, such as design, fabric and accessories meetings, meeting with manufacturers and fit sessions.
- Ensure accurate and on-time development of seasonal product marketing info, catalogues, features and benefits, copy, etc.
- Liaise with PUMA's Brand Marketing and Legal teams with regard to all marketing related projects
- Liaise directly with the Regional Footwear PLMs to ensure 360-degree strategic concept and product alignment across product types
- Travel domestically and internationally as required to achieve a high level of market knowledge, executional excellence in sourcing and to engage key internal and external customers.
- Bachelor's Degree required (Marketing, Business, Product Design preferred)
- 5+ years experience in apparel product creation
- Industry technical knowledge of apparel development and manufacturing processes
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a global organization
- Ability to spot trends and opportunities prior to becoming mainstream
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of basic MS Office programs
- Proven ability to work independently and multi-task
- Creativity and ability to think out of the box
- Strategic perspective
- Entrepreneurial spirit and energy
- Ability to work independently with a diverse group
- Must be detail oriented, resourceful, self-motivated and proactive
- Persuasive presentation skills and an ability to build consensus for ideas
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.For additional information, please contact: