Sr Product Manager, Web Service
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Nike
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The Nike Digital team delivers what only Nike can do: unlock seamless access to products, services and tools to make athletes better. Forty years of insights from the world's greatest athletes inform their work. The Nike Digital team powers Nike's global community that provides unparalleled access, benefits and services to athletes of all levels. Whether it is Nike+ mobile applications, digital brand experiences or consumer interactions, the team helps athletes stay motivated, challenged and connected.
As a Senior Product Manager on the Nike.com product team, you will lead the creation of world-class digital experiences for athletes worldwide. You will help define and execute the product feature's vision and strategy, manage the end-to-end lifecycle of features, and help identify market opportunities to take advantage of. You will define and execute a thorough roadmap and product priorities based on a strong understanding of consumer needs, insights and an even stronger handle on in-depth data analysis.
Working within a larger product team, you will be a leader who effectively organizes resources appropriately to achieve business objectives. You will also partner with executives across multiple functions to develop a cohesive product strategy, product roadmap, and to ensure business objectives are met and exceeded. Above all, you will be a constant champion for the needs of our consumers.
Key traits we are looking for:
* Enjoy working with ambiguity with a proven track record of defining and propelling an emergent, growing product space
* Be a leader and team player - able to rally teams around your ideas and bring stakeholders along the journey
* Be a visionary - able to create and continuously improve product vision and roadmap that brings transformational change to the organization
* Be great at execution - able to drive teams to deliver what was promised with great attention to detail; able to clearly define requirements, scope, user flows/diagrams
* Be technically savvy - able to lead product directions on complex technical products with a good understanding of system architecture
* Be a fast learner - able to continuously seek and absorb new information and technological advances in the relevant product space
* Be a great collaborator - able to proactively build trusting relationships across the Nike Digital organization to launch your product
* Product lifecycle: Owns the end to end execution and delivery of a large scale Consumer Experience system. Works with resources across the organization from design to delivery to launch. Maintains Roadmap and product Backlog. Manages delivery challenges and defines rollout strategies. Makes thoughtful decisions on the fly, constantly clearing roadblocks to getting your product live.
* On-Going Delivery. Accountable for measurement, planning and on-going enhancements of feature(s).
* Process. Facilitates process mapping, gap analysis, data flow to help assess business implications of feature, tool, and platform.
* Prioritization: Effectively designs project plans based on priorities, set clear/measurable objectives and deploys team resources appropriately to achieve business goals.
* Product Specifications: Writes and consults on product specifications, user stories, manage design challenges and execute agile product delivery.
* Stakeholder Management: Collaborates with application services, legal, privacy, security, partnership and architecture teams to bring your product to life. Removes obstacles and helps the team navigate and align the organization to optimize success.
* Analytics and Experimentation: Measures clear product KPIs, derive key insights, and devises and executes proof-of-concept executions to learn. Captures metrics to measure how product is performing and how it can be improved. Ensures on-going monitoring of post-launch results through analysis and reporting.
* Industry Analysis. Continuously monitors and shares relevant technology trends, competitive offerings and best-of-breed executions.
* Experienced technical product manager with 3+ years of digital product background. Proven success stories of launching scalable technology platform features with meaningful outcomes. Familiarity with web services architectures and technologies is highly desired. Experience building scalable systems using AWS cloud is highly desired.
* Demonstrated success working with various, cross-functional, internal and external groups to deliver meaningful results on time and on budget with limited direction. Examples of successful working relationships and processes with engineering and product teams.
* Proven ability to develop effective product specifications, including user stories and detailed requirements. Can visually depict technical architecture diagrams and communicate to business and engineering. Ability to develop supporting operational processes and guidelines to support on-going delivery.
* Experience thriving in a fast-paced, high growth environment. Results-driven with the ability to anticipate needs, innovate, multi-task. Nimble and flexible with regards to changing priorities & business needs.
* An assertive, direct communication style, with the ability to inspire and motivate others across the company. Collaborative, energetic and hands-on team player.
* Strong passion for creating robust, scalable and extensible platform offering