Grassroots Marketing Manager
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Pga Tour Superstore
At PGA TOUR Superstore, we're always looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible individuals who will share a passion for helping transform our business. As one of the fastest growing specialty retailers, we're dedicated to hiring selfless team players from different backgrounds to influence the growth of our organization. Part of the Arthur M. Blank Family of Businesses, PGA TOUR Superstore continuously strives to create a family culture for our Associates - driven by our vision to inspire people through golf and tennis.
Reporting to the Regional Marketing Manager, the successful candidate will be counted on to increase the PGA TOUR Superstore's overall sales numbers and market share within an assigned territory. This will be done by the selling of our tournament program, logo/branded sales, in-store special event development, local and regional partnership development with groups such as The First Tee, associations, golf courses and Chamber of Commerce. The position will be responsible for multiple stores within a territory. In some territories this may include supporting and leading the local Tournaments & Events Associates in our stores. Though the tournament and events associate reports to the store management team, the Tournament & Events Manager is responsible for overseeing their local activities. The overall goal is to achieve the outlined sales, event and partnership expectations for the stores within the territory.
- Meet/exceed SSC monthly and annual success metrics in assigned territory.
- Enthusiastically promote and sell our tournament program to groups seeking donations or assistance for their golf or tennis tournament and increase year over year sales.
- Set up meetings with prospective tournaments and able to explain in detail our program and communicating our vision while answering all questions and overcoming roadblocks.
- Creating a value proposition while promoting the sale of logo and bulk merchandise to tournaments, businesses, clubs and local schools.
- Works directly with SSC Community Relations/Marketing Manager with coordinating and marketing support.
- Meets and works with store management to create in-store events to attract new and existing customers to our stores.
- Works as the Community Captain for The First Tee in stores that do not have one or assists the current Community Captain to ensure the local chapter is being supported internally with promotions and events.
- Collaborates with national and local junior tournaments to manage in store activities and events to ensure PGATSS alignment.
- Attends local Chamber meetings with GM to promote PGATSS and network with local businesses to develop cross-functional events.
- Prepare control logs and package the program for pick-up.
- Monitor the return of signs and banners as well as keep an accurate inventory of tournament supplies.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with local golf courses and businesses.
- Logs all meetings in the Outlook calendar and updates tournament database weekly.
- Keeps a log of tournament inventory and submits it monthly.
- Participates in all conference calls for The First Tee and tournament updates.
- Manages and supports the Tournament & Events Associate within the territory to help them achieve monthly and annual sales goals.
- Oversee market relationships with major partners such as The First Tee, state golf associations, chamber of commerce, etc.
- Assists and places logo special orders and bulk sales.
- Executes contract with major golf events in the region.
- Develop, produce and replenish in-store community marketing pieces.
- Visits to respective markets as deemed necessary.
- Reviews and reports monthly market activity which includes tournament sales and special orders.
- Actively order and replenish tournament inventory in existing markets.
- Assists the Regional Manager on developing grassroots annual budget.
- Conduct conference calls and continued training for territory.
Qualifications and Skills Required: (Specificity here is important-examples listed below)
- Communication: Strong listening and interpersonal skills. Must possess good verbal, written and visual communication skills. Must feel comfortable prospecting through phone calls and emails as well as speaking in front of groups.
- Management : This position is the dotted line to the Tournament & Events Associate within the assigned territory.
- Time management skills are necessary in order to successfully develop and implement multiple projects at one time.
- Creative : Must be able to think "outside the box" when working with events and local partners.
- Computer : Basic computer skills with the working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Vision : Ability to provide a compelling vision through written and visual communication
- Education: The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a G.E.D. or high school diploma. College degree preferred.
- Experience: Four (4) years of experience in sales, marketing, management, and people development.
- Must be able to work independently from home and be self-motivated.
- Must be very familiar with the local golf, tennis and business community where the position is based.
- Must be willing to travel to other stores within the assigned territory and other markets as directed by the Regional Marketing Manager.
- Flexible schedule and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Training time is two (2) weeks and one (1) week will take place in another market.
- Physical Requirements: Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting at events for long periods of time. Setting up booths and lifting objects up to 25 lbs. will also be required.
PGA TOUR Superstores is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.