Sr Integration Engineer
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Nike
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world's largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
As a Senior Engineer in our Global Fulfillment and Logistics team you will be joining the Nike Supply Chain and Enabling Functions (SCEF) organization, providing integration solutions as part of the development and deployment of enterprise system solutions for the Nike business.
In this position, you will be responsible for designing, developing, leading, and deploying Web/Cloud based solutions. You will also be leading a team of other engineers to bring solutions to production.
You will be a part of an Agile team that understands requirements, assists in providing scope and cost estimates, and drive engineering activities through deployment. You will partner with managers on the team to support other engineers with technical consulting and direction, problem solving, as well as write & review designs, technical specifications, and Python/Java/Node.js coding as part of our standard SDLC process utilizing the latest Web technologies.
You will work closely with Architects to make sure all solutions adhere to existing guidelines and principals and assist in evolving our processes to continuously improve. In addition, you will collaborate with other engineers on approaches and best practices for leading large and small technical implementations.
The ideal candidate will have Java/Node.js/Python and the Web based development experience with emphasis on concepts, principles, practices, and technologies associated with service-oriented computing, and web services engineering. This position requires excellent communication & teamwork skills and the ability to multitask, innovate, and challenge conventional thinking. As a Sr. Engineer, you will be responsible for managing the technical deliverables of the engineering team.
Are you ready to accept the challenge?
To be considered, you'll bring the following:
- Ability to design, develop, configure, and implement complex solutions and code in Web technologies like Java/Python/Node.js or similar
- Experience with AWS and AWS Provisioning such as Terraform.
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Ability to design, develop, configure, test, and implement complex solutions and code in an AWS environment including API's, Lambda, Kinesis, and similar technologies
- Diverse experience in deployments/developments in the public cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred: EC2, DynamoDB, S3, SQS, SNS)
- Ability to conduct performance monitoring, tuning, and analyze performance against benchmarks.
- Experience or interest working in a Lean/Agile/SAFe environment.
- Willingness to mentor others.
- Exceptional multi-tasking, collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other relevant subject area
- 4+ years of professional experience in IT (2 years additional experience in lieu of a degree)
- 5+ years hands on experience in design, development & testing in Python/Java/Node.js.
- 5+ years' working as an engineer in a complex matrix organization within a global IT environment having diverse and complex landscape.
- 2+ years of experience with source code maintenance using tools such as Microsoft VSS, GitHub, or SVN software repositories
- 2+ years' mentoring, governing, and supporting 2-5 Junior developers concurrently (preferred)
- Experience working as a senior engineer on multiple projects and business functions in both large (1-year+ projects) and small projects (>3 months)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams
- Ability to pass a 7 year background investigation