Senior Model Developer
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
This role sits within the Analytics division that merges statistical data mining with latest modeling tools to support the banking industry in particular. As a Senior Model Developer, you would be required to use advanced modeling capabilities including text and sentiment mining to deliver high-impact solutions. A financial services background especially in banking and insurance is preferred but not essential.
The skills and experience required for this role are as follows:
* Be able to develop regulatory models and statistical models that include business score cards (fraud, marketing, acquisition, etc) across the different portfolios. Validate the existing models to measure effectiveness and implement changes as required
* Be the go-to person on predictive modelling, machine learning, statistical analysis and data mining
* Be comfortable in working with a different data stores and platforms (e.g. Hive in Hadoop DB2, SAS in Unix and SQL server)
* Be proficient in Python, SAS, R, SQL and MS Office Skills (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
* Be familiar with different modeling technique, an example would be use of SAS procedures such as "REG", "SCORE" and "LOGISTIC"
Soft skills (Desired)
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and client management skills