Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Anonymous
Projects include a wide range of developments ranging from schemes of a small number of significant detached luxury homes to two, three and four bedroom family homes and also apartment developments. Typically 10 - 50 homes: smallest development from two houses to largest 286 apartments. Developments range from social housing to mixed use schemes working alongside leading Supermarket Retailers building new offices, retail showrooms and restaurants.
Based from their HQ in Buckinghamshire, duties include:
* Source new subcontractors of sufficient size and competence for each new site.
* Ensure QS obtains fully competitive tenders for all elements of construction works in line with the build programme. Subcontractors to be checked that they can meet quality and take references.
* Issue and authorise all orders from commercial department monitoring same against budgets.
* Monitor all QS/Buying costings against site start appraisal budgets reporting all findings to Production Director.
* Prepare all cost reports for inclusion in Board pack.
* Ensure that all construction and technical information is sent to all subcontractors.
* Ensure all necessary method statements and insurance information is received from contractors prior to their site commencement.
* Contractor payments - check that items of work are complete before authorising any payments - gaining Production Directors signature before processing any payment with accounts department.
* Attend any relevant courses as instructed by Production Director.
* Prepare costings for value engineering purposes and liaise with Production Director.
* Prepare site start and land acquisition appraisals as requested by Land and Finance Department.
* Ensure the Production Director is fully informed of the progress of all aspects of the Quantity Surveyor's work.
* Ensure Commercial Department procedures notes are complied with at all times.
Competitive salary with discretionary bonus structure.
Fully expensed company car or taxable car allowance
5% contribution to pension
On completion of probation period, free Private Health Care with option to add family member at a cost
Holiday: 25 days + 8 Bank Holidays + Shutdown from Christmas Eve to 2 January
BSV Recruitment Ltd
Cityscape Recruitment Ltd
React Site Solutions