Ruby Back-end Developer
Posted on Jan 15, 2019 by SeQura
Salary: €35.000 - €45.000
Expires at: 2019-04-05
SeQura is a fintech company based in Barcelona. Having reached break even last year, we're growing our product and we're looking for developers to join our team.
We expect you to understand the challenges to solve, be able to see the big picture and balance the seek for software quality with a pragmatic approach to provide value to the company in the best way and the shortest possible time.
We deploy our technology (mainly) in the Amazon cloud. We comply with the PCI Data Security Standard.
We have a pragmatic, agile, quality oriented development methodology: short sprints with continuous delivery, pair programming, TDD with code & design reviews.
- Experience in development, deployment and maintenance of web-based technology applications with our tech stack
- Solid knowledge of OOP, clean coding, TDD and agile methodologies
- Relentless in the pursuit of writing simple, clean and efficient code
- Proactive, accountable, analytical and pragmatic
- Attention to detail/product ownership
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Motivation to learn and grow
- Functional programming and DDD are a plus
- Spanish/Catalan is a plus
Real flexible working hours, you can work remotely when needed
High degree of autonomy
Transparency and open culture
Contribute to technical and architectural decisions
A tangible impact on the product and also on the company culture
Continuous learning with a personal budget for conferences, courses, books, etc.
Weekly sessions (talks, katas, code reviews, etc.)
10% time to work on any project you're interested on
Free drinks and fruits
All the equipment you need to work comfortably. Our standard set-up consists of a stand-up desk, comfy chair, MacBook Pro and a 27" external display
23 days of vacation per year + 2 free days
Office located in the center of Barcelona (bike friendly) with plenty of nice places nearby
Oh! we don't have a ping-pong table there, but we do encourage you to have a healthy work/life balance so you can play in your free time ;)