Assistant Kitchen Leader
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Anonymous
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role, have great management skills and a desire to learn.
You are expected to be responsible for the overall operations for the back of house and kitchen area of a restaurant.
Location : Leicester
Salary : £25,000 - £27,000
Your responsibilities will vary and consist of the following: hiring staff, purchase of food and stock, and make sure everyone is trained on proper food preparation and kitchen safety techniques. In addition, kitchen managers ensure that the companies standards are upheld: the food looks good and is cooked properly, the proportions are correct, and it is cooked and served quickly.
Kitchen managers also make sure that the kitchen is properly cleaned on a regular schedule, food is disposed of properly and the kitchen meets all sanitary standards.
Kitchen managers also hit the books, by keeping tabs on food cost, waste and employee hours, doing their best to optimize profit for their company and create the best dining experience possible for customers.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Customer-Service: Kitchen managers might have to interact with customers. Being friendly and courteous will help keep customers coming back.
* Attention to Detail: Kitchen managers have to keep their eyes on a lot of elements: food standards, costs, safety, etc.
* Leadership: Kitchen managers must be leaders in the back of house, rallying their team during heavy shifts, resolving conflicts and getting the job done.
* Management Skills: Kitchen managers not only deal with food, they also have to deal with costs, pricing, creating work schedules and more.
* Organizational Skills: Keeping work schedules, shipments, cleaning schedules and more organized is crucial to the job.
* Problem-Solving Skills: Dealing with employee conflict, irate customers and wrong stock orders is part of a kitchen managers job. Being able to come up with a solution quickly is a needed skill.
* Speaking Skills: Kitchen managers need to accurately and easily communicate standards and cooking methods to staff, give orders and speak with customers clearly.
* Stamina: Kitchen managers can expect long days around hot cooking elements, much of it on their feet
Maloy & Flynn Recruitment Ltd
Eileen Richards Recruitment Limited
Job Paths 4 U