Senior RF Design Engineer
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Anonymous
Excellent career progression, competitive salary, bonus, flexi time, 12% pension, flexible benefits, 5 weeks holiday, free parking
Our client is a highly successful global company, they design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. They are looking for an RF Design Engineer. As the Senior RF Design Engineer, you will work on the design, development, test, and release of circuitry for products that require functionality at frequencies typically up to 1GHz, but potentially higher.
The Senior RF Design Engineer shall be responsible for the specification, design, analysis, build and test of new designs.
Interaction is required with other development team members, quality assurance and production personnel to ensure the requirements of the complete product life-cycle are met. To this end, the Engineer should possess an understanding of product design and development lifecycle.
Occasional customer interface is required in order to understand needs and relay capabilities.
The Engineer shall be willing to engage in continuous improvement initiatives.
As the RF Design Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Qualifications and Experience
* Degree (preferably higher degree) in electronic engineering, physics or equivalent
* Design of RF electronics for products (esp. aerospace and defence)
* Breadth of RF design experience
* Use of simulation packages (e.g. Microwave Office or ADS)
* Practical implementation experience, including DFx and value engineering
* Previous experience in a similar role
* Strong practical RF design skills (ability to design and make circuitry).
* Familiarity with common RF simulation tools such as ADS or Microwave Office
* Knowledge of the architecture and theory associated with typical RF circuitry (such as that deployed in receivers / transmitters / modulators / demodulators etc.)
* Innovation and initiative
* Ability to work alone or as an integrated team member
As the RF Design Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
* Derive system and RF requirements from high level requirements
* Architect RF systems
* Simulate, design, build and test RF systems
* Follow the company's design process to release these to manufacture
* Support legacy systems already in manufacture
* Peer review colleagues work
* Act as lead engineer when allocated to do so on selected new product designs
* Ensure that designs are managed to meet internal and external customer requirements and AS9100 standards
Keywords: RF, Design, Radar, Communication, Antenna, Aerospace, avionics, VHF, GPS, DSP, Military, Defence, Navigation Systems, Microwave 1GHz
Senior RF Design Engineer
Salary: Competitive plus bonus, pension, healthcare, flexi time and large company benefits
Location: Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Fill Recruitment Ltd