Residential Childcare Assessor
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by KM Education Recruitment Ltd
Job Title: Residential Childcare Assessor
*Trainee or Qualified Assessor Opportunity*
Location: Oxfordshire and surrounding areas - Must be flexible with travel
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (Dependent on qualifications and experience)
Package: Excellent Holiday Entitlement, Mileage, Pension + Much More!
Type: Full Time, Permanent
*Trainee Assessor* Full training and support will be given to Trainee candidates to achieve the Assessors award.
INFO: The Residential Childcare Level 3 Diploma replaced the Children and Young People's Workforce (Social Care Pathway) in 2015 as the required qualification for those working in children's homes.
- Hold solid occupational competency within a Residential Childcare environment in a Management capacity.
- Confident in the delivery of Maths, English and ICT up to Level 2.
- Full, clean driving licence and use of a vehicle.
- Must be flexible with travel.
- Assess and support learners working towards Apprenticeships in Residential Childcare levels 3, 4 and 5.
- Deliver full training and support learners through their Functional Skills - Maths and English to level 2.
- Visiting/observing learners in their place of work to gather evidence towards their Apprenticeship/QCF qualifications.
- Managing your diary efficiently to ensure timely visits and reviews are conducted.
- Organise and maintain documentation on learners' progress.
- Support, advise and motivate learners.
- Overcome barriers to learning and adapt delivery to meet learner's needs.
- Assessors are targeted to actively recruit learners to grow your own caseload and maintain size of caseload through marketing and sales activities.
- Recognised Assessor award: D32/D33, A1, TAQA or CAVA.
- Experience of delivering Apprenticeships in Residential Childcare up to, and including Level 5 (or the old CYPW - Social Care Pathway).
- Organisational skills are a must, as well as the ability to plan your time effectively.
- Confident and professional with the ability to inspire and motivate people.
- Quality driven and prepared to go the extra mile for your learners.
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities