Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by Vantage Consulting
Salary - negotiable
We're working with a globally renowned engineering business in their search for an experienced Contract Manager to look after automation and controls projects within the buildings market.
We're looking for someone who can improve customer satisfaction whilst improving revenue and profitability and minimise risk and debt whilst ensuring projects are delivered to a high standard.
This role would ideally suit an experienced Quantity Surveyor looking for a step up in their career.
You'll need a degree in Quantity Surveying and a RICS / IACCM accreditation would be preferred.
Relevant experience in quantity surveying; knowledge of commercial procedures and standard contract conditions within the construction industry would be advantageous, including detailed knowledge of the NEC and JCT standard form of contracts.
Reporting to the Divisional Contract Manager, your role will be to support the project lifecycle and support the business functions.
The successful candidate will be taking responsibility for ensuring compliance with Company policies and procedures (particularly in respect of contract terms and conditions and general risk management).
You will also be looking after financial administration and financial reporting works.
You will join a team of 25 people across the UK and report to the Divisional Contract Manager as part of a team of 7 in the region.
Your role will include (but not be limited) to the:
* Review and amendment of contracts to ensure compliance and assistance in the negotiation with Suppliers and Subcontractors.
* Negotiation of contracts with customers and sub-contractor / suppliers and engage fully with internal and external stakeholders to manage or mitigate any contractual / commercial risk in a contract.
* Understanding of project finances. You will be highly numerical and have a good Financial Understanding as the role will require you to understand the financial position on projects and ensure any deviation from the base margin is recognised and mitigated.
* Provision of business unit support. Working closely with the Business Unit Lead you will also support the business in its strategy and can present financial data to the business unit management and ensure all debt is recovered.
* Management of Subcontractors and Suppliers
* The day to day running of the project in terms of procurement and financial control.
If this sounds like you and you'd like to be considered for this position, please get in touch with Kate Wills at Vantage Consulting