Financial Analyst - Multifamily (2019 May Grad)
Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by LivCor
Job ID 2
Attention 2019 Spring/Summer Grads! Are you passionate about real estate? Do you thrive in fast-paced environments? If so, read on.....
Due to the continued growth of our organization, we are looking for 2019 Spring/Summer graduates to join our Financial Analysis team. The Financial Analyst - Multifamily will join a team of financial professionals responsible for monthly and quarterly financial reporting, budgeting and reforecasting, portfolio analytics, and market research. The Financial Analyst will interact with LivCor asset management and executive leadership, Blackstone multifamily asset management, Revantage (LivCor's affiliated real estate services company) accounting and treasury, and LivCor's operating partners. The position reports to the Senior Vice President of Financial Reporting and FP&A.
As the Financial Analyst - Multifamily, one is held accountable to, however, not limited to, the following job functions:
- Preparation and review of monthly portfolio financial reporting package: Includes extracting and aggregating portfolio data; preparing summary spreadsheets, graphs and tables; evaluating performance metrics; highlighting notable issues and trends; and developing meaningful and insightful commentary.
- Preparation and review of monthly market trends report: Aggregate and review macroeconomic and industry data impacting multifamily sector including employment, wage and job growth; new supply; rent and occupancy trends; and lease trade out data. Prepare summary tables, graphs, and commentary.
- Preparation and review of quarterly board book: work with team on deliverable presented to Blackstone senior real estate leadership team at the quarterly board meeting.
- Develop understanding and familiarity with sourcing of data from various research and industry data publications including the RealPage suite of products (YieldStar, Performance Analytics, Investment Analytics, Axiometrics/MPF), Green Street, Real Capital Analytics, Bureau of Labor Statistics, etc.
- Participate in the annual budget and reforecast processes: determine budget drivers and performance goals; utilize budgeting templates (utilizes Oracle PBCS) and tools to develop initial budget; work interactively with operating partners and asset managers to finalize budget; prepare summary reports and communicate to executive leadership team.
- Perform detailed review of financial variance reports prepared by operating partners and identify any operational or performance concerns and the underlying drivers. Proactively present findings to asset management.
- Support asset management team in preparation for periodic operator performance reviews: generate reporting packages, presentations, agendas and supporting analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, real estate or accounting.
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong work ethic: strength to thrive in a dynamic and demanding work environment, ability to meet critical deadlines, capable of critical self-reflection and honest assessment of performance, desire to learn and continued self-improvement, motivated by desire to achieve excellence.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
LivCor is a real estate firm headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. Formed in 2013 as a portfolio company of The Blackstone Group (NYSE: BX) LivCor specializes in multifamily properties throughout the U.S. In collaboration with its operating partners, LivCor oversees the management of its properties furthering a mission of maximizing return for investors while offering best in class service to residents. LivCor oversees a portfolio of 200+ Class A and B multifamily properties comprising approximately 60,000 units located in primary, secondary and tertiary markets across 20+ states.