Intern - Financial Analysis (Summer 2019)
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by LivCor
Job ID 2
The Intern - Financial Analysis will be responsible for performing a myriad of analytical duties associated with operating a 60,000-unit portfolio of multifamily properties. Generally, duties will include assisting with the preparation of quarterly board materials, monthly financial reporting, and mid-year reforecast process.
As the Intern - Financial Analysis, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following job functions:
- Retrieve and analyze financial and operational data from PBCS/Oracle, Rentlytics, Yardi, YieldStar, OneSite, OneNote, Axiometrics, MPF Research, Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) and other sources as may be determined.
- Assist team in the preparation and review of monthly portfolio financial reporting package: Includes extracting and aggregating portfolio data; preparing summary spreadsheets, graphs and tables; and evaluating performance metrics.
- Assist team during the mid-year reforecast process, reconciling discrepancies between LivCor and operating partners' records.
- Assist team in the preparation and review of quarterly board book: high profile deliverable presented to Blackstone senior real estate leadership team at the quarterly board meeting. Includes high level presentation of multifamily industry trends, capital markets activity, portfolio performance, and major capital projects and other company initiative
- Perform detailed review of financial variance reports prepared by operating partners and utilize data mining to identify any operational or performance concerns and the underlying drivers.
- Perform special ad hoc projects and analyses on a frequent basis for department heads and Blackstone asset management team.
- Junior or senior at an accredited 4-year university pursuing a degree in accounting, finance and/or commercial real estate fields
- Experience in MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills since interaction with personnel at all levels