Manager - Corporate Finance
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by EQ Office
Job ID 2
The Corporate Finance department is primarily responsible for property and portfolio level forecasting and general financial analysis; maintenance of Argus files; modeling, due diligence, marketing and closings of dispositions and debt financings; and providing analytical support for market leaders, asset management, and Blackstone. The Manager - Corporate Finance will be responsible primarily for Investment Finance within the Corporate Finance department with a concentration on valuation modeling and investment level financial forecasting.
As the Manager - Corporate Finance, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following job functions:
- Manage the quarterly valuation modeling process in coordination with Blackstone and other EQ and Revantage departments. Responsible for completion and delivery of portfolio investment valuation models.
- Identify key inputs and assumptions that will be used in models and communicate to Corporate Finance department.
- Develop valuation calendar with key deliverables mapped out to ensure deadlines are met and appropriate time is allowed for preparation and review.
- Track progress and share with department leadership team and Blackstone.
- Organize quarterly rollforward process to prepare models for new updates.
- Prepare and/or review portfolio investment valuation models and serve as a resource to asset leads and analysts in their preparation of standalone investment valuations.
- Assist in the on-boarding of new investments through the development of new valuation models.
- Identify the most efficient review benchmarks to ensure quality control.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of asset valuation drivers, analyze changes in asset values and document findings. Prepare summary presentations and present results to senior management and Blackstone.
- Provide Corporate Finance department with flexible capacity and support in the following key responsibility areas:
- Board book and/or other senior management presentation preparation.
- Ad-hoc strategic and financial analysis, as requested by Blackstone, EQ Office senior leadership or market teams.
- Review of weekly Argus updates for changes in leasing pipeline or deal terms.
- Assist in monthly preparation and/or review of Stabilization Walks with a concentration on portfolio investments.
- Assist in monthly preparation and/or review of Adjusted In-Place file.
- Provide additional support to department and Blackstone in coordinating key updates from Revantage Investor Reporting and Treasury.
- Provide thought leadership to department on how to maintain alignment of business plans across multiple types of models (valuation, strategic analysis, refinance, redevelopment) or summarize and explain differences.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of company systems and processes. Become proficient in efficiently accessing data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance
- 6+ years of commercial real estate experience, with at least 1-2 years at manager or other advanced level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to translate complex technical concepts and formulas in easy to understand business terms.
- The ability to work independently, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines are all requirements for this position.
- Highly proficient in advanced excel modeling techniques and thorough knowledge of Argus Enterprise.
- Strong knowledge of real estate fundamentals, valuation concepts, asset management and leasing issues and the ability to research, analyze and draw conclusions and communicate them effectively.
- Demonstrated success through collaboration, creative thinking, and the ability to adapt and quickly learn new concepts.
- 6+ years of commercial office real estate experience, with at least 1-2 years at manager or other advanced level
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Revantage Corporate Services