Manager - Corporate Accounting
Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by Revantage Corporate Services
Job ID 2
Due to continued growth, we are looking for an experienced and driven Manager - Corporate Accounting, to join our fast-growing team at Revantage Corporate Services. The Manager is responsible for overseeing the timely and accurate monthly close and financial reporting for Revantage and/or the corporate books of one or more Portfolio Companies serviced by Revantage. This individual oversees the annual budget preparation and periodic reforecasting, supervises and develops one or more Senior Accountants or Accountants, and assists the Director in other corporate accounting responsibilities.
As the Manager - Corporate Accounting, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following:
- Provide excellent customer service to corporate departments, portfolio companies and other accounting customers ensuring that their information needs and reporting requirements are met.
- Oversee the monthly closing process for corporate departments and/or one or more Portfolio Companies.
- Produce or review monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and budget to actual variance analysis for Revantage and its corporate departments.
- Collaborate with department managers to calculate allocation of department expenses to portfolio companies supported by Revantage. Prepare/review and bill department allocations to portfolio companies and underlying properties, oversee the true-up of estimated billings, tracks payment, and reconciles inter-company receivables and payables.
- Collaborate with the budget team and corporate department managers to prepare the annual budget and quarterly reforecast for G&A related expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for board meetings, management requests and Blackstone requests.
- Oversee the timely preparation of monthly bank reconciliations for all corporate bank accounts.
- Maintain and adhere to existing accounting policies and assist in the development and implementation of new policies.
- Train, supervise, develop and review the work of one or more Senior Accountants and Accountants.
- Assist with in-house training programs.
- Proposes and implements changes to current processes that may be identified as needing improvement.
- Work with external audit and consulting firms as required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (must be highly proficient in Excel), accounting software and databases
- Excellent communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills necessary
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- CPA Certification
- Previous experienced managing and developing others