Manager - Investments & Portfolio Management
Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by EQ Office
Job ID 2
Category Asset Mgmt / Portfolio Mgmt
The Manager - Investments & Portfolio Management is responsible for supporting all aspects of single-asset and portfolio-level acquisitions and dispositions for EQ Office. The position is responsible for understanding investment market conditions, analyzing risk and return with respect to underwriting investment opportunities, overseeing due diligence and reporting results. In addition, this position will support market leaders in enhancing the value of the assets within the portfolio through analyzing capital allocation and complex leasing decisions.
As the Manager - Investments & Portfolio Management, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following job functions:
- Evaluate investment opportunities including in-depth market review, financial and strategic analysis. Assist in preparing recommendations to investment committee and support all single-asset acquisitions/dispositions.
- Support EQ and Blackstone in major investment activities (portfolio-level acquisitions, dispositions, development, joint ventures and M&A underwriting).
- Develop and maintain extensive network of industry relationships to stay attuned to market trends. Collaborate with EQ market leaders to research and analyze key statistics for managing the portfolio and making investment decisions.
- Provide direction to EQ Corporate Finance team in preparing financial models to value potential sale candidates and make recommendations for timing of disposition.
- Increase the value of the portfolio over the hold period by adding a distinct portfolio/asset management perspective to the leadership team.
- Monitor portfolio performance including, NOI, cash flow, asset values and progress towards achieving asset strategies.
- Incorporate a value-oriented approach to decision making by analyzing lease opportunities and providing direction with financial models to support major capital investment and financing decisions.
- 5 to 7 years of proven transaction, asset management or operations related experience within commercial real estate
- Track record of success in creating and maintaining strong business relationships; meets with leasing and investment brokers, buyers, tenants and competing institutional owners to identify and strengthen business opportunities
- Ability to think and act strategically with experience analyzing leasing and investment decisions; extensive knowledge of Argus software
- Extensive background in preparing and analyzing financial reports and communicating results
- Experience analyzing competitive market information and establishing performance benchmarks and best practices
- Some travel required