Manager - Corporate Finance (Asset Finance)
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by EQ Office
Job ID 2
The Manager - Corporate Finance (Asset Finance) will join the 20+member Corporate Finance team of EQ Office. The Corporate Finance department is primarily responsible for property, portfolio and investment level valuations; closings of dispositions and debt financings; preforming strategic analysis; maintenance of property Argus Enterprise files; portfolio level forecasting, planning and analysis for the national office portfolio; financial modeling, due diligence, and providing analytical support for market leaders, Portfolio Management, Treasury and Blackstone. The position is ideally suited for a highly motived, detailed orientated individual with a strong work ethic.
As the Manager - Corporate Finance (Asset Finance), one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following job functions:
- Maintain current, real time Argus Enterprise files for a sub-portfolio of active investments
- Complete detailed review of Argus Enterprise inputs and variance explanations
- Assist in various other Argus Enterprise processes (rollforwards, escalation audits, budget and forecast updates, etc.)
- Provide mentoring and guidance regarding Argus Enterprise "best practices" and company specific modeling conventions
- Track leasing, tenant improvement, capex actual v budget and understand differences
- Maintain and review monthly leasing snapshots for market teams and Blackstone
- Actively participate in the due diligence and closing process for dispositions and debt financings: coordinate the flow of information and materials with various parties including buyers, sellers, lenders, brokers, and attorneys; as well as internal market, accounting and legal personnel. Review and sign off on due diligence materials and Offering Memorandum. Review related Argus Enterprise files and associated financial assumptions and cash flow. Facilitate closing logistics and prepare closing statements and memos
- Prepare and review quarterly level portfolio and investment valuations. Develop comprehensive understanding of asset valuation drivers, analyze changes in asset values and document findings. Prepare summary presentations and present results to senior management and Blackstone
- Develop and maintain corporate models for new and existing portfolio investments. Model capital structure, asset sale flexibility, returns metrics and waterfall distributions
- Prepare or review financial analysis as requested by senior management, market leaders, Portfolio Management, Treasury or Blackstone related to acquisitions, dispositions, major leases, developments, debt financings and joint ventures
- Develop comprehensive understanding of company systems and processes. Become proficient in efficiently accessing data. Prepare or review portfolio trend and variance analysis related to gross leasing, market rates, net operating income and other relevant metrics
- Train and mentor analysts in Argus Enterprise, excel modeling, valuations, dispositions, etc.
- Assist in preparation of board book materials and other company presentations
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of real estate financial analysis experience
- Candidate must be highly proficient in Argus Enterprise
- Candidate must be experienced in financial modeling in Excel
- Transactional experience in closing real estate dispositions and acquisitions
- Strong knowledge of real estate fundamentals, valuation concepts, property management and leasing issues and the ability to research, analyze and draw conclusions
- Effective time management and careful attention to detail is a must
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Prior management experience in a team-oriented environment, as well as leadership and supervisory capability coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Finance or Business degree
- Experience with modeling of expense reimbursements
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
ABN AMRO US