Analyst - Select-Service Asset Management - BRE Hotels & Resorts
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Revantage Corporate Services
Job ID 2
As a member of the Select-Service Asset Management Team, the Analyst - Select-Service Asset Management provides analytical and operational support to the senior management of the Select-Service organization. The Analyst will be integral to our company's success, analyzing and benchmarking hotel and portfolio performance, conducting research and and collaborating closely with management to identify opportunities for growth and profitability.
BRE Hotels & Resorts is the hotel and resort platform backed by the world's largest alternative asset manager. North American holdings currently include more than 190 hotels and resorts, representing approximately 36,000 rooms.
BRE Hotels & Resorts is focused on strengthening its position as a leading, world-class hospitality platform. Driven by a results-oriented, professional work culture, the platform strives to hire the best talent in the industry and provide its team with the tools to succeed, while consistently measuring results for continual improvement.
As the Analyst, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following job functions:
- Analyze hotel and portfolio performance to identify trends, business challenges and profitability improvement opportunities
- Assist with developing monthly variance commentary
- Gather and analyze hotel industry intelligence and market research from external sources
- Create various ad hoc reports and perform analysis as required for senior leadership
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Hospitality/Hotel Management, Finance or Real Estate
- Minimum of 2 years of hotel industry experience
- Understanding of foundational accounting concepts (P&L, Balance Sheet, Journal Entries), as well as traditional finance cycle (Annual Plan, Forecast, etc.)
- Proven ability and maturity to work and learn new systems in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, working both independently and as part of a team to ensure timely deliverables
- Attention to detail