Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Revantage Corporate Services
Job ID 2
Due to the continued growth of our organization, Revantage Corporate Services is seeking an up-and-coming professional to join our team as a Tax Accountant. The Tax Accountant will be responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of federal, state and local tax returns for Blackstone's real estate funds' investments.
As the Tax Accountant, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following job functions:
- Prepares federal, state and local tax returns for Blackstone owned partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations and real estate investment (REIT) returns on a timely basis.
- Prepares federal and state extension requests and quarterly estimated payments for the various companies.
- Researches, resolves and responds to state and federal regulatory agencies' notices.
- Prepares tax and PTP projections for Blackstone on a monthly or as needed basis.
- Prepares REIT checklists on a quarterly basis to ensure compliance with the REIT rules.
- Assists in obtaining FEINs and preparing W-9s as needed.
- Assists with the preparation and distribution of 1099s to vendors, shareholders, and the IRS. Coordinates gathering of information with other departments to ensure timely filing.
- Gathers management and accounting information. Obtains any necessary clarification, requests additional information and communicates with various departments concerning any problems that arise.
- Conducts research as necessary to determine compliance with tax laws. Reads periodicals to maintain knowledge about changing tax laws, planning opportunities, filing requirements, etc.
- Reviews corporate and partnership legal documents and correspondence as needed to ensure correct preparation of tax returns.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Previous internship experience specific to accounting or finance
- Experience with spreadsheets, tax preparation software, and FAS2000