Director of Business Development
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by United Way
The employer was formed in 1923 and is dedicated to building stronger, healthier, more compassionate communities.
- Raises significant new undesignated financial resources each year by establishing and expanding the current base of business partners.
- Identifying and developing strategies for new prospects.
- Creates awareness of small business initiative and mission and brand through public speaking engagements, presentation and memberships and leadership in business, civic, professional, and networking organizations.
- Secures 30 Small Business Program partners in first year of program.
- Secures $30k in revenue from new workplace giving campaigns and event sponsorships by June 30, 2019.
- Provides direct leadership, recruitment, supervision and management of all small business partners, special initiatives, and special event fundraisers.
- Provides direct leadership, supervision and management of Small Business Program Leadership Council.
- Achieves annual goals under supervision of the SVP of Resource Development & Marketing.
- Assists in all initiatives, projects, and events as needed and serves on various committees as requested.
- Provides support to staff and volunteers, maintaining continuous contact to monitor and motivate.
- Create a marketing plan for business development to include partners, events and projects and work in conjunction with the marketing department to provide materials, event logistics and media relations.
- Develops and maintains databases and financial tracking systems for new business partners.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, including the ability to communicate well in a variety of settings with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to develop strong rapport and relationships with stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising best practices and/or business development fundamentals.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create results through influence management.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Ability to develop and use creative and innovative methods and the judgment to know when innovation makes sense.
- Ability to use independent judgment and make sound decisions.
- Ability to effectively coordinate.
- Ability to build and retain quality relationships with business and community leaders.
- Ability to expertly represent in public settings.
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to utilize social media as a tool for marketing and communication.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or a related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in these or related fields such as sales, ideally with 3-5 years of experience fundraising and/or business development.
- Experience developing and implementing successful fundraising initiatives.
- Experience with account or client management.
- Experience working directly with donors on fundraising efforts.
University of the Pacific
Sacramento Republic FC