Retail Operations Director
Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by Nike Deutschland GmbH
Company in the Sportswear sector.
As Retail Operations Director - Consumer/Athlete Tools you will own the integration, enablement and ecosystems of our operational programs and platforms related to the Consumer Experience and the tools our Athletes use to deliver a premium Consumer Experience.
You will collaborate with Brand, Category and Concept teams at both the global and geography level to bring programs to life in our Stores that elevate the Consumer Experience while improving Athlete performance. Areas of focus include our Process Measurement, Workforce Optimization Systems, Pilot Store processes, and communication integration of key initiatives.
You will lead a team to manage the program focused on building digital products into our current system and eliminating tribal knowledge in service of best practices. You will measure and analyze results to inform program enhancements. You will partner in the creation of training materials and communications to share successes and opportunities to the Global, HQ, and Field organizations to drive continuous improvement in the Consumer experience.
You will partner on the geography execution of store measurement and best practice programs by ensuring standards are met in stores and by leaders. You will monitor results to share across the direct organization and use the results to lead improvement across store facing programs.
Your team will play a key role in providing operational reporting to the organization. This includes driving an initiative to streamline reporting and provide mobile access to field leadership that enables timely business decisions to improve results.
You will partner closely with the Tech team to ensure Athlete Tools function correctly and are available to the Athletes to help the Consumers. You will manage the intake and prioritization of Tech projects for North America store systems. You will monitor issues and drive resolution.
You will design and support operational processes in the execution of Peak Seasons and major Sport moments including marathons and other events.
You will also lead your team in optimizing annual spend in the procurement of Store equipment and supplies. This will include collaborating with internal partners (Global Procurement, Global Store Operations, and Tech) in RFP processes, vendor selection and vendor management.
You will review, update and manage the North America Direct Policy & Procedures in partnership with Global Retail Operations. You will partner with other retail functions to ensure compliance with local and federal commercial legislation.
You should exhibit a proficiency in communicating complex ideas in simple, effective ways to influence, inform and educate audiences at all levels in the organization. You'll need to have the ability to communicate (verbal & written) effectively. You will play a key leadership role on the Retail Operations team to elevate our team in delivering excellence every day.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field preferred or an additional 5 years of relevant retail experience accepted in lieu of a degree
- 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in retail stores or HQ store operations
- 3 years previous management experience required preferably at the Director level
- Experience in developing process and creating ROI measurement preferred.
- General understanding of Retail admin and store systems/equipment as applicable (Merchandising Intelligence, ERP, Business Intelligence, Point of Sale, Inventory Management, Hand Held Terminals, Labor Scheduling application, etc.) highly desired
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Microsoft Project, and Share Point
- Strong written and communications skills, time management, and organization skill
- Ability to travel approximately 15% of the time