Chief Executive Officer
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Cayuga Centers
The employer is a growing non-profit.
- Assist Assistant Director of Skills Training in creating skill building tasks for each UC.
- Assist with travel coordination for UC and UC sponsors.
- Ensure proper supervision of UC at all times.
- Travel with UC as needed (both within New York State and across the nation).
- Coordinate home visits in regards to skills training for each UC.
- Develop and cultivate cultural connections for UC.
- Conduct skill building activities with each UC.
- Respectfully communicate with children, foster parents, and colleagues.
- Assists team during case emergencies.
- Pick up or deliver possessions as assigned.
- Assist within the tutoring center as needed.
- Assist with the intake process as needed.
- Assist with case documentation as needed.
- Assess each UC for developmentally appropriate skills.
- Coordinate and accompany UC with all travel (when foster parent not available).
- Work collaboratively with Assistant Director of Skills Training, Clinician, and Case Manager.
- Attend required training; Read required books.
- Responsible for maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of Protected Health Information of service recipients in any form (e.g., computer access, conversation, document) during and surviving the termination, expiration or cancellation of employment/association with CC.
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently. No access will be permitted unnecessarily. The essential job functions as described, herein, dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information.
- Perform other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor or the Chief Executive Officer.
- Responds in a positive and respectful manner to diversity, among the agency's service population and staff.
- Bachelor's degree in a mental health-related field from an accredited college, or a combination of at least one year of work experience and two years of education, training, or work experience in the mental health field preferred.
- Bilingual - English-Spanish required. All agency documents and records are in English, so English writing proficiency required. Position itself requires Spanish speaking, writing, and reading proficiency.
- The ability to work in partnership with other team members.
- The ability to set limits and maintain the helping role for Case Managers and Clinicians.
- Meet the needs of the UC in terms of skills training.
- Ability to implement a skills training program.
- Demonstrate conceptual understanding of developmentally appropriate behavior for children/adolescents in the home, school, and community.
- Ability to establish a strong relationship with UC that combines warmth and humor with effective skills.
- Ability to provide skill-building training to assist a child in acquisition of new skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with program staff to implement child's program; accept supervision well; be readily available for consultation; attend meetings; complete assigned paperwork.
- Ability to handle confidential material in a responsible manner.
- Ability to travel to other agency locations as required.
- Valid NYS Driver's License.
Smith Hanley Associates
Lois L. Lindauer Searches, LLC
United Group of Companies Inc.
Board of Education of City of New York