VP, CFO Commercial & Specialty
Posted on Jan 15, 2019 by Aetna Inc.
The employer is a health insurance company.
- Partner with senior management to analyze and support full P&L responsibility.
- Drive results; demonstrates urgency and holds self and others accountable for achieving high standards of performance and service
- Identify emerging product/market trend vulnerabilities and opportunities through analysis and insight generation; develop and implement action plans for business growth.
- Coordinate development and monitor implementation of major business unit action plans to seize competitive opportunities and/or respond to performance shortfalls/plan variances.
- Coordinate with other financial disciplines/functions in support of business transactions, e.g., PIP arrangements, regulatory issues, analysis of legal entities, etc.
- Identify, suggest, monitor, and track effective medical cost analysis through coordination with medical directors, network management, underwriting, etc.
- Support the coordination and development of business unit financial plans and forecasting tools/processes.
- Provide financial analysis and recommendations in support of management's evaluation of strategic and business initiatives.
- Drive the dissemination and collection of input/output data, critical assumption and management reporting requirements.
- Lead development and implementation of business unit performance measures.
- Develop processes and set infrastructure to measure, understand and monitor business unit results relative to action plans and milestones.
- Enhance processes that drive accountability measurements throughout the organization
- Partner with other financial disciplines such as actuarial and underwriting, to assure pricing, product and risk alignment with business unit financial performance targets.
- Align resources with shared services to drive business unit focus. Provide project management support for critical action plans other initiatives that cut across business unit and/or the company.
- Support business unit competitive intelligence analysis and benchmarking.
- Monitor and evaluate risk and delegation arrangements; recommend appropriate financial protections.
- Ensure appropriate financial controls are in place for shared services and business unit.
- Develop high performing financial unit that performs a function (e.g., medical cost analysis) and/or can assist in the financial and business issues support being provided to the business.
- Provide coaching/mentoring and development; ensures talent development best practices.
- 20+ years related financial management experience including strategic and business planning, accounting and financial analysis.
- Extensive experience in healthcare, managed care insurance or financial services.
- Experience supporting a P&L.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.