Posted on Sep 2, 2022 by Entrust
Entrust is a well established planning and environmental consultancy since 2008, specialising in infrastructure, primarily renewable energy and wireless telecommunications. We operate across Ireland and the UK from our offices in Galway and Liverpool. Our office in Galway has a requirement for a F/T or P/T Senior Planner. This is an excellent career opportunity for an ambitious suitable candidate as we are a fast-growing consultancy, which offers a unique opportunity to have a very wide-ranging role within the company as well as a genuine opportunity to grow your career rapidly within the company in the coming years.
The role will involve managing a number of infrastructure planning applications as well as overseeing the planning work of our junior planners, amongst many other tasks in a busy and dynamic environment.
The successful candidate will have:
• Minimum of 3 years post-graduate private/public sector experience;
• A recognised (IPI or RTPI) planning qualification;
• Excellent working knowledge of the Irish Planning system;
• Candidates with relevant UK experience will also be considered for the role;
• Meticulous attention to detail and excellent report writing skills;
• Solution focussed attitude;
• Strong project management skills with ability to deliver to project deadlines;
• Excellent presentation and communications skills;
• Good analytical skills and IT competency;
• Highly motivated and ambitious in fast paced working environment;
• Mult-task different projects and work activities;
• Work well with others internally and externally.
• Full Driving Licence and own vehicle.
• Writing and leading on a wide variety of planning applications;
• Writing planning reports for Planning Authorities;
• Project manage multi-disciplinary teams of professionals, other stakeholders and project budgets;
• Primary client liaison at all stages of projects;
• Undertake background research, desk studies, site visits and preparing planning assessments and reports;
• Working collaboratively with clients, colleagues and external consultants;
• Ability to analyse planning policy and make recommendations to clients and colleagues;
• Liaising with Planning Authorities and other statutory bodies;
• Mentoring junior staff members;
• Attendance at meetings with clients, project teams and other stakeholders.
Remuneration and Benefits;
Competitive and negotiable salary with bonus structure.
How to Apply
Working arrangements are flexible; full-time preferable but hybrid, part-time, limited hours, and consultancy options will all be considered.
The role may be of particular interest to candidates living in the Galway, Clare and Mayo areas.
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date CV and cover letter to or call Brenda on in confidence.