Senior Accountant - Portfolio Accounting
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Revantage Corporate Services
Job ID 2
We are looking for an organized and driven Senior Accountant to join our fast-growing team at Revantage Corporate Services. The team is responsible for preparing, analyzing, and reporting the financial and operating results of real estate portfolio companies and stand-alone investments, including the preparation of the following: consolidated GAAP financial statements, cash flow forecasts,, monthly and quarterly reporting packages, supporting reconciliations and schedules, variance analysis, and annual audited financial statements.
Why should YOU join the Revantage Accounting team?
- Your role matters! Your role is vital in giving The Blackstone Group a clear picture of the business. You can help pave the way for future success!
- Your opinion matters! We are continually looking for ways to be more efficient. You can be a part of our drive to improve established processes, controls and documentation!
As the Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for the following job functions:
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting activities, including reconciliations, account analysis, and review of financial reports/support.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures and resolve accounting related issues.
- Perform monthly/quarterly account analysis and roll-forwards of selected general ledger accounts to ensure accounts properly reflect the company's financial position in accordance with company policy and GAAP.
- Review ledger detail, record adjusting journal entries, and prepare supporting schedules for GAAP-based financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of property financial statements and work papers monthly.
- Assist in the preparation of annual audited financial statements, including footnote disclosures, and supporting schedules.
- Respond to audit inquiries from accounting firms.
- Prepare property acquisition and disposition journal entries while working with the buyer or seller on prorations.
- Prepare lender reporting packages, lender draws, debt covenant calculations and work directly with the lender to ensure compliance with loan requirements.
- Coordinate with the treasury team to ensure that all financing transactions are properly and timely accounted for.
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts for portfolio companies and stand-alone investments.
- Review property-level financial results prepared by a third-party to ensure results properly reflect the company's financial position and are in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist in the accounting due diligence review of potential portfolio acquisitions.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and journal entries as needed.
- Train and supervise accounting staff and demonstrate leadership skills.
- Focus on continuous improvement of established processes, controls, and documentation.
- 3-5 years of general accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, accounting software, and databases
- Excellent communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills necessary
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Team player, positive attitude, and willingness to help (take on additional responsibilities as appropriate)
- Real estate knowledge
- CPA certification (registered or licensed a plus)