Branch Manager II
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by West Suburban Bank
Category Retail - Management
Type Regular Full-Time
Summary: The Branch Manager is responsible for branch compliance with bank policies, procedures, and operational audits. Maintains a positive branch environment through effective leadership, coaching, and promotes continuous improvement. Accountable for maximizing branch revenues, sales, customer satisfaction, branch staffing, and minimizing operating expenses. Supervises the daily activities and service provided by the Teller and Personal Banking staff including scheduling, training, monitoring of customer interactions, and adherence to bank policies and procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions.
- Actively promotes branch within the community, drive sales and promote overall ownership and accountability for improving customer service and branch success.
- Monitors economic and competitive changes within the service area which could influence branch operations and growth.
- Responsible for all branch hiring, efficient scheduling of staff, performance appraisals, career coaching, development, promotions, salary recommendations and the disciplinary process. Meets with staff on a consistent basis to review individual performance.
- Leads team on strengthening and expanding customer relationships by providing excellent customer service, delivering bank products and services, and referring customers to internal/external business partners.
- Prioritizes, manages, and communicates promotional campaigns and product initiatives.
- Creates and analyzes sales and productivity reports and implements action plans as needed to achieve sales targets and customer service initiatives.
- Identifies and suggests opportunities to improve operational efficiencies at the branch.
- Responsible for customer retention. Professionally resolves customer complaints to a successful resolution.
- Adheres to the prescribed security controls to protect the bank against criminal and fraudulent operations and unnecessary risk or exposure.
- Accountable for internal audit controls, safeguards branch operations by ensuring use of all bank policies and procedures and maintains compliance with all federal laws and banking regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff is properly trained and knowledgeable on bank policy, procedure and regulation.
- Oversees multiple locations, retirement community location and/or manages a large deposit/customer base.
- Frequent local travel is required.
- Will provide assistance to other areas of the bank by working on projects and special assignments.
- Provides direction to Assistant Branch Manager as needed.
- Acts as a mentor to other managers.
- May coordinate activities among different branches.
- All other reasonable duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed set sales goals and operational standards;
- Minimum of 3-5 years Retail Banking experience with proven track record is sales goal achievement, practical knowledge, and application of bank policies, procedures, and services;
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisor and/or managerial experience in a bank/financial environment;
- Prior success as a Branch manager in multiple locations, and high volume environment;
- Proven ability to ach and mentor new leaders;
- Extensive outside business development experience;
- Subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements;
- Valad driver's license;
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum of 3-5 years supervisory and/or managerial experience, preferably in a banking environment.
Requirements for performing Essential Functions:
On the job the employee may physically be required to bend, sit, stand, walk, use finger movements, and/or handle objects (manual dexterity). On the job the employee must mentally be able to read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason, and analyze.
West Suburban Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.