Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by West Suburban Bank
West Suburban Bank
Category Retail - Personal Banking
Type Regular Full-Time
This is a non-exempt/hourly position. Non-exempt employees categorized as Full-time generally work 37.5 hours per week. This position may be at a level I or II based on the incumbent's experience.
Summary: Performs assigned duties related to the handling of customer transactions according to established bank procedures. Discusses and actively cross-sells bank products and services under moderate supervision according to established policies and procedures. Acquires knowledge of bank products and is able to open, service, and identify cross selling opportunities to new and/or existing customers. Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters an innovative, creative and empowered environment to positively impact our customers. Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate. Embraces our vision to enhance the customer driven focus of West Suburban bank.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions.
- Effectively and efficiently multi tasks between various job duties and responsibilities.
- Provides general bank services to customers within established procedures. Capable of handling all bank processes and transactions including lending, teller, and new account services etc.
- Maintains operational signing and approval, and wire transfer authority. Committed to excellent customer service by possessing excellent sales and marketing skills and dedicated to the bank's customer service expectations.
- Models the corporate culture that fosters creating thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers.
- Performs lobby engagement activities to connect with customers and establish opportunity to promote WSB products that meet their needs. Assists with educating the customers on options for managing financial transactions by leveraging technology, tools and resources.
- Promotes the use of WSB technology to our customers for their use in their daily banking.
- Maintains current knowledge of bank deposit, loan products, and services. Effectively identifies customer needs and identifies sales opportunities. Implements plans to retain and enhance existing customer relationships through activities such as cross selling of additional products, offering financial counseling, and actively referring customers to other sales divisions of the bank.
- Profiles customers to identify other products and services to benefit the customer and deepen the relationship. Consultatively sells a full range of retail products such as deposit accounts, loans and credit cards to meet or exceed established individual sales goals and to support overall bank sales objectives.
Resolves a variety of simple to complex customer problems while ensuring the highest level of customer experience and satisfaction. Uses available resources for problem resolution, which may involve analysis of information received from other internal departments. Knowledgeable of and able to navigate through deposit and teller automation applications. Provides customer guidance and navigation through various delivery channels.
- Initiates and ensures successful onboarding of customers to WSB through the use of phone calls, E-mail, and mailings.
- Identifies opportunities and proactively makes calls to customers/prospects to enhance their financial position.
- May assist in training and mentoring of new employees.
- Occasional local travel is required.
- Required to lift/transport items, including but not limited to cash drawers, safe deposit boxes, coin bags, boxes and other items or objects.
- All other reasonable duties as assigned.
Additional Duties for Universal Banker II:
- Performs all duties and responsibilities of a Universal Banker I, but also handles more complex customer transactions, including consumer loans, business accounts, IRA's and/or fiduciary accounts.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of digital services such as Mbanking and Online bill pay.
- Regularly participates in outside bank functions, including but not limited to Bank at Work, bank sponsored functions and community events.
- Competently handles complex customer issues and concerns to the point of resolution, with minimal supervision. Makes adequate decisions in the absence of the manager/supervisor.
- Provides leadership support by assisting management with the day to day operations, providing oversight and transaction approvals in the absence of a supervisor, and leading team huddles as assigned. Regularly acts as a mentor to other staff members and assists with training, mentoring, and coaching.
- Regularly assists other offices and maintains flexibility with schedule.
Required Education and Experience:
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed set sales goals and operational standards;
- Subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements;
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Universal Banker II Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of Universal Banker or equivalent experience; must be fully proficient on both the Teller and Personal Banking functions.
- Identified as a Subject Matter Expert in at least two of the following: consumer lending, business accounts, IRA's and/or fiduciary accounts.
- Proven ability to meet established sales goals
On the job the employee may physically be required to stand for long periods of time, bend, sit, walk, use finger movements, and/or handle objects (manual dexterity) reach above shoulder level, and carry/lift loads up to 35 lbs. The company requires any item weighing over 35 lbs to be lifted or moved by more than one worker ("team lift"), or by using appropriate equipment. On the job the employee must mentally be able to read/comprehend,
West Suburban Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.