Senior Real Estate - Engineering Technical Director
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Revantage Corporate Services
Job ID 2
The Senior Real Estate - Engineering Technical Director will assist private equity senior level acquisition team on major portfolio property acquisition engineering diligence and advise corporate managing partners on all technical engineering matters, corporate policies and capital underwriting. This individual will advise asset management, finance, risk management, legal counsel and property sales team support on all engineering matters, including code/regulatory compliance, life safety, structural/seismic, building envelope integrity, ADA policies, building forensic investigation, MEP systems, new construction and underwriting for capital improvements and reserves. The Senior Real Estate - Engineering Technical Director will recommend and oversee all corporate engineering policy formation and adoption of all internal standards of engineering diligence, renovations and construction QA/QC.
As the Senior Real Estate - Engineering Technical Director, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following job functions:
- Perform extremely confidential under the tent in-house reviews of all available engineering and property condition reports prior to public disclosure on portfolio transaction, evaluate engineering risks and potential defects, range of cost impacts to cure.
- Recommend and direct architectural and engineering consultant engagement for preparation of Property Condition Assessment reports and Specialist Investigations relative to the assets under acquisition. Also recommend supplementary specialist consultants and diligence protocols, including civil engineers, geotechnical, structural engineers, seismic, roof, building envelope, curtainwall, life safety, MEP systems, elevators, energy conservation, ADA, interiors, etc.
- Monitor Property Condition Assessment site reviews, matrix summary and PCA draft production QA/QC, prior to distribution to lenders and insurers. Audit entire engineering diligence process, including selective onsite reviews as required.
- Prior to transaction signing provide engineering diligence summary identifying all significant engineering issues, risks and potential costs to underwriting team.
- Communicate with transaction lenders, insurers and legal counsel to optimize and expedite rapid transaction process in advance of transaction close.
- Support Asset and Property Management team in managing specialist consultant engagement, building defect correction, major renovations, seismic and MEP retrofits, construction cost containment, etc. along with engineering program and procedures development for a wide range of building engineering and operation projects.
- BA in Engineering or Architecture
- A minimum of 10 years of Senior Level Architectural or Engineering Management in a national consulting or corporate environment
- Ability to evaluate and translate significant engineering issues and impacts in rational, pragmatic and economic terms to financial professionals.
- Engineering, Architectural and Construction Project Management and Senior Team Leadership Experience.
- Knowledge of the Real Estate Transaction Diligence Process, ASTM Standards, IBC and National Building Codes, State, Seismic Risk Evaluation, Civil Engineering, LEED Certification, etc. .
- Direct Experience in Managing Significant Engineering and Architectural Construction Projects on a wide range of property types, including office buildings, hotels, warehouse/industrial, multi-family residential, retail etc.
- Experience with Construction Cost Estimating Principles and Practices.
- Strong Verbal, Writing and Communication Skills
- Travel 20%.
- Professional registrations and ASTM certifications a plus.
- Experience in Building Engineering Operation and Facilities Management a plus.
Revantage Corporate Services
Revantage Corporate Services
Request Technology - Kyle Honn