Senior Real Estate - Environmental Technical Director
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Revantage Corporate Services
Job ID 2
The Senior Real Estate - Environmental Director will assist the private equity senior level acquisition team on major portfolio property acquisition diligence and direct corporate managing partners on all technical environmental matters and corporate policies. This individual will advise asset management, finance, risk management, legal counsel and property sales team support on all environmental matters, including regulatory compliance, environmental policies, site investigation, remediation activities and potential range of costs to remediate. Additionally, the Senior Real Estate - Environmental Director will recommend and oversee all corporate environmental policy formation and adoption of all internal standards of environmental diligence and practice.
As the Senior Real Estate - Environmental Director, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following job functions:
- Perform extremely confidential under the tent in-house reviews of all available environmental reports prior to public disclosure on portfolio transaction, evaluate environmental risks, range of cost impacts and advise risk mitigation alternatives.
- Recommend and direct environmental consultant engagement for preparation of Phase I Environmental Site Assessment Reports and Phase II Subsurface Investigations relative to asset acquisition. Also recommend supplementary specialist consultants test protocols, including industrial hygienists, asbestos, radon, lead, etc.
- Monitor Phase I Site Investigation Site Reviews, Matrix Summary and PIESA Draft Production QA/QC, prior to distribution to lenders and insurers. Audit entire environmental process, including selective onsite reviews as required.
- Prior to transaction signing provide environmental diligence summary identifying all significant environmental issues, risks and potential costs to underwriting team.
- Communicate with transaction lenders, insurers and legal counsel to optimize and expedite rapid transaction process in advance of transaction close.
- Support Asset and Property Management team in managing all indoor air quality, asbestos, mold, radon, lead based paint, lead in drinking water, etc. etc. in policy development, regulatory compliance and management programs.
- Manage ongoing significant environmental remediation projects performed by related corporate entities and responsible third parties on owned assets.
- BA in Engineering essential
- A minimum of 10 years of Senior Level Environmental Engineering and Management in a National Consulting or Corporate Environment.
- Ability to evaluate and translate significant environmental risks and impacts in rational, pragmatic and economic terms to financial professionals.
- Environmental Engineering Project and Senior Team Management Experience Essential.
- Knowledge of the Real Estate Transaction Diligence Process, ASTM PIESA Standards, EPA, CERCLA, State, Regional and Local Regulations, Geology, Hydrogeology, Civil Engineering etc.
- Direct Experience in Managing Significant Environmental Remediation Projects.
- Ability to challenge technical specialist consultants and to control consultant and remediation costs.
- Strong Verbal, Writing and Communication Skills.
- Travel 20%
- Professional registrations and ASTM certifications
Revantage Corporate Services
Revantage Corporate Services
Ernst & Young