Customer Service Representative (m/f)
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by FLO-CERT GmbH
Fair global trade everyone can believe in
FLOCERT is a leading global certification body, providing sole certification to Fairtrade and offering verification services for social, trade and environmental standards as well as private codes of conduct.
Founded in 2003, FLOCERT remains mission-driven and dedicated to working with all types of organizations, from small producers to internationally recognized brands, in order to promote fairness in global trade. Our accreditation as a "Social Enterprise" demonstrates our commitment to social business values.
With four international offices conducting business in over 120 countries, FLOCERT specializes in offering global reach with local expertise. For more information, visit us at
FLOCERT is currently looking for a
Customer Service Representative (m/f)
- Job Share: Part-time (20 - 30 hrs per week)
- Position is based in the FLOCERT GmbH Office in Bonn, Germany
- The salary and benefit package depends upon qualifications and experience
- Start date: 15th January 2019 (or as soon as possible)
You are multi-lingual and interested in working in an international environment? FLOCERT is looking for a reliable, flexible and outgoing personality to support its customer service desk and reception team. In this position you will be an ambassador for FLOCERT's customer credo: Fast - Friendly - Fair and ensure professional take up of communication. Communication with customers, stakeholders and suppliers will include in- and outbound communication as well as the channeling of requests within the organization. At the reception you will be in charge of giving our customers, guests and staff members a warm welcome and support in regards to our conference area. Your working time will be shared between both teams.
- Welcome our staff, customers and guests at the reception services desk and be available for general information
- Coordinate the entrance and conference area
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries
- Ensure receipt of incoming phone / skype calls to the FLOCERT Service Desk and switchboard
- Message taking and distribution of incoming requests
- Respond to incoming email communication
- Handle standard service requests of FLOCERT customers, stakeholders and suppliers
- Update and maintain customer related information in FLOCERT systems
- Assume regular outbound communication and follow-up tasks (phone, email, skype)
- Support marketing / project driven campaigns with outbound communication (phone, email, skype)
- IHK apprenticeship or other vocational training or equivalent relevant training on the job
- 1 year work experience in a customer service, - care or - support function
- Fluency in English spoken and written
- Fluency in Spanish spoken and written
- Confident command of PC device (keyboard and mouse) and applications (e.g. MS Office products)
- Ease in communication via diverse communication channels: phone, email, skype etc.
- Clear, simple and positive communication style
- Simultaneous conversation and writing ability
- Readiness to cope with extensive conversation time and phases of high request volume
- Ability to work focused on rapidly changing topics
- Customer service awareness
- Reliable, disciplined and punctual personality
- Precise and efficient work style
- Flexible personality with willingness for continuous learning
"Nice to have"
- Good knowledge in any of the following languages: German, French or Portuguese
- Experience in dealing with different cultures
- Any prior involvement in training activities or marketing campaigns
- Technical affinity
- Prior training in communication technics
- Motivation for Fairtrade and sustainability topics
How to apply
Do visit our website:
Please apply by submitting your application documents in English, with curriculum vitae and motivation letter as well as reference letters or reference contact.
Please do kindly note that only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.