Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by Nike
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world's largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
Nike Technology designs, creates and implements the methods and tools needed to make the world's largest sports brand run faster, smarter and more securely. Global Technology teams aggressively innovate the solutions needed to help employees navigate Nike's rapidly evolving landscape. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Simply put, without Nike Technology, there are no Nike products.
The HR Technology team needs a Product Owner for our Time and Attendance team with experience working in an agile environment, who will represent the voice of both the customer and Product Management vision to the teams. As a Product Owner you will be working closely with Product Management, stakeholders, and architects in collaboration to define and prioritize features and stories to ensure alignment with customer and program needs.
- Collaborate with, interpret and act as the voice of the customer for a single team
- Work with Product Management to define the product, ensure it is integrated into the Program and communicate the vision to the Agile Team
- Contribute to the Product Roadmap, highlight risks and dependencies
- Own, maintain and prioritize their team's product backlog; facilitate feature mapping, break features into stories, define acceptance criteria, ensure capacity for enablers and defects
- Ensure team has the full context and understanding of customers and business environment to create valuable solutions
- Ensure the readiness of the work, accept or reject work results, and that the work is aligned to the Product Roadmap
- Prioritize and make trade-offs based on understanding of strategies, budget, epics, enabler requirements, defects, dependent teams, goals and the value features and stories bring to customers and the business
- Assist in removing roadblocks for the Agile Team
- Be the final decision maker for prioritization of the team's work
- Work with the Agile team to ensure all stories are supported, clear, and delivered in high quality
- Understand how features are performing, the level of customer satisfaction, and provide suggestions for improvements
- Functional knowledge on Time and Attendance, Payroll, and Workforce Management
- In-depth understanding of the Agile principles and methodologies and how they are applied in the workplace
- Able to solve complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions
- Must excel working in team-oriented roles that rely on ability to collaborate with others
- Sufficient understanding of technology systems and the ecosystem the team works in to help team in overcoming roadblocks
- Experience collaborating and managing relationships with business partners
- Effective team dynamics, conflict resolution, mentoring, and servant leadership skills
- Strong facilitation skills within teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Experience resolving issues with higher levels of management
- Able to lead cross-functional work
- Able to respond to and prioritize changing demands
- Strong understanding of Product subject matter
- Minimum 5 years relative work experience with Bachelor's degree
- Experience working with Agile teams
- Experience working with HR systems and teams
- Experience working with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools, VersionOne preferred
- Familiarity or experience with agile methodologies such as Scrum, LEAN, Kanban, XP Programming etc.