Sr Innovation Technician
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Nike
The first spark of a product idea sets the Nike, Inc. Footwear Product Creation team into motion. The team of footwear developers, testers, engineers and designers strive for product excellence. They obsess over shoes, while collaborating, ideating and refining the product's construction, fit and style. They use groundbreaking advancements in technology and sustainable design to accelerate innovation. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.
As our Senior Innovation Technician, you'll provide technical and process support to the Innovation teamat APCC. A variety of responsibilities will includetrial preparation and cleanup,producing samples, inspecting and testingsamples and recording, organizing, analyzing, and reporting back data fromsample runs. Candidates interested in this position should be comfortable working with little direction and should have a natural tendency to seek out challenges.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, plus 3 years of directly related manufacturing/research and developmentexperience
- Demonstrated understanding of various production line platform processesand equipment
- Intermediate level proficiency working with spreadsheets and word processing software
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Solid math skills and the ability to work with statistical terms and basic analysis
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines in a fast-paced, results-oriented and team environment
- Excellent ability to network and utilize internal and external resources
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds
- Experience in lab procedures and measurement tools a plus