Spring/Summer 19' Intern - Element Product Dev
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Quiksilver
**This is an un-paid, for academic credit internship**
Internship Duration: College/University course semester/quarterly dates
Boardriders, Inc. offers internships in various departments and provide college students with supervised practical experience in the workplace. You can intern in departments like Merchandising & Design, Retail Buying, Marketing, Public Relations, Operations and Human Resources to name a few.
To be considered for the Internship Program you MUST :
- Be a Junior or Senior currently enrolled at a college or university; or enrolled in an MBA program AND
- Receive academic credit for your internship AND
- Able to provide proof of health insurance
WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING?
Element Product Development Intern will learn how to use resources provided to develop cut and sew product for women's and men's product line. They will be exposed to excel functions, PLM systems, fabric knowledge and sourcing and product organization and filing. PD intern will extend its functions in the Merchandising field. They will learn the different tools and reports used by the Merchandising team to build seasonal strategies and assortments. In addition, the intern will have the opportunity to participate in Sales meetings, tradeshows or showings.
What Skills, MAJOR OR EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Illustrator skills is a plus
- Email and Phone etiquette skills preferred
- Fabric knowledge preferred
- Eager to learn and have a positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Corporate discount at our campus store
- Attend company events
- Unlimited networking opportunities
- Casual work environment- "shorts, flip flops and tee shirts are acceptable!"