Scrum Master Technology
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Nike
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world's largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
The HR Technology team is seeking a passionate, strong and agile-minded Scrum Master with experience working in an agile environment, who will be responsible for ensuring that the Scrum Framework is both understood and enacted within the teams by ensuring that the team adhere to Scrum theory, practices and rules. The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the scrum team.
Responsibilities - Servant-Leader to the Team
- Coach the development team in self-organization and cross-functionality concepts and practices.
- Partner with and guide the development team to create high-value products.
- Remove impediments to the development team's progress.
- Coach the development team in organizational environments in which Scrum is not yet fully adopted and/or understood.
- Shield the team from external distractions to keep it in group flow (the zone).
- Partner with and guide the Product Owner in finding techniques for effective Product Backlog management.
- Partner with and guide the Product Owner to understand product planning an in empirical environment.
- Ensure the Product Owner knows how arrange the product backlog to maximize value.
- Partner with and guide the Product Owner in understanding the role of the Product Owner within the team and practicing Scrum.
- Lead and coach the organization in its Scrum adoption and Scrum practice.
- Plan Scrum implementations within the organization.
- Help employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum empirical product development.
- Cause change that increase productivity of the Scrum team.
- Work with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
- In-depth understanding of the Agile values and principles and how they are applied in the workplace
- Able to solve complex problems and take a new perspective on existing and new human interactions
- Must excel working in team-oriented roles that rely on ability to collaborate with others
- Sufficient understanding of technology systems and the ecosystem the team works in to help team in overcoming roadblocks
- Experience collaborating and managing relationships
- Effective team dynamics, conflict resolution, mentoring, and servant leadership skills
- Strong facilitation skills within teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Experience resolving issues with higher levels of management
- Able to lead cross-functional work
- Able to respond to and prioritize changing demands
- Strong understanding of Product subject matter
- Experience working with Agile teams.
- Experience working with HR systems and teams.
- Bachelors' degree in Business, Computer Science or a related field, with 2 years additional relevant professional experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
- 5 years hands-on Scrum Master/Coach experience in advanced, large-scale agile settings diligently applying Scrum principles, practices and theory.
- 5 years professional experience leading or contributing to large projects, including software development and quality teams.
- Certified Scrum Master required, other Scrum certification desired.
- Experience and/or familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Experience working with VersionOne or similar agile work management tool: building summary views, using agile planning boards, setting up dashboards.
- Proven ability to pull together diverse individuals with different goals and facilitate productive discussion and action.
- Track record of leading others and positive change in project definition, project delivery, and data driven process improvement.
- Past success in creating high performance teams, inspiring and empowering them to achieve results