America Order To Cash Wholesale Sr Accountant
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Nike
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.'s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike's multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
As the North America Order to Cash Wholesale Senior Accountantyou will drive a strong accounting foundation to support the rapid growth and long-term strategic plans of the NA Marketplace. You will be part of the NA Order-to-Cash (O2C) Controlling Team, and will build a deep understanding of the NIKE business, including wholesale, owned retail stores and digital commerce businesses, and the impacts of new business led initiatives to our judgmental reserves and models. Through an advanced ability to handle multiple competing priorities, you will execute recurring accounting processes, provide ongoing support for critical audit deliverables, and support ad-hoc requests from management. By leveraging analytical and project management skills, you will work to refine and support sustainable controlling and internal controls processes in a rapidly changing digital landscape.
Key responsibilities include:
- Execute month-end accounting close process in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring appropriate financial controls, procedures and efficiencies are in place.
- Execute (O2C) end-to-end processes supporting, wholesale, retail store and digital revenues; partner with the NA O2C stakeholders to document and drive improvements in processes and controls.
- Execute accounting processes and maintain effective internal controls around the tracking and accounting for NIKE NA, wholesale, retail and digital revenue and related reserves in accordance with US GAAP and NIKE Accounting Policy.
- Ensure the integrity of key processes by understanding systems, flow of transactions, internal controls and recommending efficiency and effectiveness improvements.
- Manage Internal & External Audit and SOX compliance work.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 4+ years' experience in accounting, finance, or related functions
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is strongly preferred
- Retail experience is strongly preferred
- Proficiency with SAP ERP and Microsoft is strongly preferred
- Experience with a Fortune 500/multinational consumer products company is preferred
- Strongenthusiasm and passion for the Nike brand
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate status, issues, and risks with leadership team
- Strong ability to handle and effectively prioritize numerous and competing priorities and requests
- Strong critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills to identify issues and accounting impacts outside of standard process
- Ability to pass a 7 year background check