Grassroots Marketing Manager
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Pga Tour Superstore
At PGA TOUR Superstore, we're always looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible individuals who will share a passion for helping transform our business. As one of the fastest growing specialty retailers, we're dedicated to hiring selfless team players from different backgrounds to influence the growth of our organization. Part of the Arthur M. Blank Family of Businesses, PGA TOUR Superstore continuously strives to create a family culture for our Associates - driven by our vision to inspire people through golf and tennis.
OVERALL FUNCTION OF THIS POSITON:
To increase the PGA TOUR Superstore's overall sales numbers and market share within an assigned territory. This will be done by the selling of our tournament program, logo/branded sales, in-store special event development, local and regional partnership development with groups such as The First Tee, associations, golf courses and others. The position may be responsible for multiple stores within a territory. The Tournament & Events Manager is responsible for overseeing their local activities. The overall goal is to achieve the outlined sales, event and partnership expectations for the stores within the territory.
- Education: The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a G.E.D. or high school diploma. College degree preferred.
- Experience: Four (4) years of experience in sales, marketing, management, and people development.
- Must be able to work independently from home and be self-motivated.
- Must be very familiar with the local golf, tennis and business community where the position is based.
- Must be willing to travel to other stores within the assigned territory and other markets as directed by the Regional Marketing Manager.
- Flexible schedule and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Physical Requirements: Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting at events for long periods of time. Setting up booths and lifting objects up to 25 lbs. will also be required.
- Meet/exceed SSC monthly and annual success metrics in assigned territory.
- Enthusiastically promote and sell our tournament program to groups seeking donations or assistance for their golf or tennis tournament and increase year over year sales.
- Set up meetings with prospective tournaments and able to explain in detail our program and communicating our vision while answering all questions and overcoming roadblocks.
- Creating a value proposition while promoting the sale of logo and bulk merchandise to tournaments, businesses, clubs and local schools.
- Works directly with Regional Marketing Manager in your area to develop and coordinate marketing objectives.
- Meets and works with store management to create in-store events to attract new and existing customers to our stores.
- Works as the Community Captain for The First Tee to ensure the local chapter is being supported with promotions and events.
- Collaborates with national and local junior tournaments to manage in store activities and events to ensure PGATSS alignment.
- Attends local networking and organizational meetings to promote PGATSS and network with local businesses to develop lasting partnerships.
- Prepare Tournament and Event Agreements and package the program for pick-up.
- Monitor the return of signs and banners as well as keep an accurate inventory of tournament supplies.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with local golf courses and businesses.
- Logs all meetings in the Outlook calendar and updates tournament database weekly.
- Keeps a log of tournament inventory and submits it monthly.
- Participates in all monthly conference calls including: The First Tee national call, National T&E Call and Regional T&E Call.
- Oversee market relationships with major partners such as The First Tee, state golf associations, chamber of commerce, etc.
- Prospect, sell and places logo special orders and bulk sales.
- Works with Regional Marketing Manager to complete and fulfill contracts for major golf events in the market.
- Reviews and reports monthly market activity which includes tournament sales and special orders.
- Actively order and replenish tournament inventory in existing markets.
- Assists the Regional Marketing Manager on developing grassroots annual budget.
- Maintain communication with store leadership teams in market on upcoming events and needs.
- Assist in stores for special events and needs or leading up to specific store holidays.
- Communication: Strong listening and interpersonal skills. Must possess good verbal, written and visual communication skills. Must feel comfortable prospecting through phone calls and emails as well as speaking in front of groups
- Management: This position reports to the Regional Marketing Manager with a dotted line to the GM's in the respective stores.
- Organizational: Time management skills are necessary in order to successfully develop and implement multiple projects at one time.
- Creative: Must be able to think "outside the box" when working with events and local partners.
- Computer: Basic computer skills with the working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Vision: Ability to provide a compelling vision through written and visual communication.
- Analytical: Candidates must be able to identify opportunities and develop strategies to increase sales and strengthen operational processes.
PGA TOUR Superstores is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.