Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Anonymous
We're looking for an ambitious Software Manager to solve challenging problems and working in a tight-knit team of multidisciplinary engineers. As the software manager you will managing a team of web and firmware developers in designing, developing and maintaining our smart IoT devices and associated services.
* Work alone and collaborate with your team in designing "best in class" software deliverables
* Hiring new team members with the right set of skills and personality fit for the team.
* Document requirements provide support and plan out
* Develop scripts and test tools to support your work
* Work with other teams to solve problems in both a planned and "ad-hoc" manner
* Work in collaboration with external vendors, to integrate their services, and with customers, to get our products to market
* Provide feedback to stakeholders and ensure they are informed on roadblocks or limitations
You are able to:
* Work in a start-up environment where success is achieved together
* Work with and without direction at times
* Own quality, and reliability whilst ensuring the team creates great user experiences
* Take pride in you and the teams work, ensuring they are delivered on time and to specification
* Communicate clearly with a multidisciplinary team
You will have/be:
* 8+ years of professional software development experience in web and/or embedded software stacks.
* Background in hardware and software, ideally SaaS, IoT.
* Solid problem-solving aptitude; use and encourage creative thinking skills.
* Experience in product planning (business cases) and lifecycle management.
* People leadership and team management experience - leading high performing teams to deliver consistent results, ideally in an Agile environment/framework.
* Excellent communicator - able to communicate successfully both with business stakeholders as well as developers, to identify and understand business requirements and translate them into well-specified requirements.
* Solid understanding of DevOps, testing frameworks and Git
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
If you'd like to find out more or be considered for this position, please contact Kate Wills at Vantage Consulting on (phone number removed) or email
Baker Hughes B.V.