Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by HRGO Recruitment - Huntingdon
Being at the forefront of modern food production means it's fast-paced, stimulating and rewarding. My client works with the biggest food retail brands in the UK and Europe.
* Assisting the Engineering Team in providing support for all production activity.
* Responding and resolving machinery breakdowns in a timely manner
* Support and offer guidance to the production and grading teams with any machinery related issues
* Maintaining machinery, services and supplies to the site, in line with planned preventative maintenance measures, thus ensuring the health, safety and welfare of all employees and the optimum running efficiency of all equipment.
Assist the Engineering Team in providing a timely and supportive service to all of the site production operations, thus minimising the disruption caused by breakdowns and reducing their impact upon service level agreements.
Ensure that all jobs are prioritised in a manner that minimises disruption to production and facilitates the production process
Training / coaching Develop the skill base of the engineering team through the coaching, training and development of those not equipped with similar skills. Utilise the experience of others to initiate one's own personal development
Continuous Professional Development
Ensure an up to date knowledge of all new legislation and techniques concerning your sphere of employment and request training as appropriate.
* Maintain a planned preventative maintenance programme and liaise with the general management team to ensure the minimisation of downtime and disruption.
* Responsible for auditing the machinery in the areas and to carry out the preventative maintenance schedules attached to the machines as well as providing breakdown cover. Audit sheets will be issued for this purpose and additional information to improve the detail for this process will be gathered by engineers.
Analyse market conditions relating to engineering developments and elicit feedback and ideas from end users so as to ensure the company is able to meet the changing needs of our customers and establish a competitive advantage for the company.
* Ensure that all work is conducted in line with the companies high standards of hygiene and workplace tidiness
* A clean as you go policy is to be adhered to and followed by all staff. Engineer's cupboards, toolboxes etc. are to be in an audit-able condition at all times and will undergo periodic inspections.
Maintain all equipment in your possession to a required standard and advise of any repairs that are required thus ensuring an available supply of equipment to perform the tasks required.
* Advise the Senior Engineer of Contractor requirements and facilitate their work on the premises.
* When we have contractors in the factory they need to be accompanied by an Engineer and they will be responsible for the contractors acts and Omissions and to ensure that the work supplied is to the standard expected and the result is what was required.
In the absence of the Engineering supervisor , ensure that all systems and procedures are maintained and assume responsibility as required.
Take on any general maintenance on the site, in order to maintain its fabric and enhance its facilities thus making it a safe working environment conducive to high productivity and efficiency.
* Engineers will be given responsibility for all areas each shift .
* The pack house will be where they will spend the majority of the shift, particularly for the first hour of the shift start-up .This will mean they have a direct influence on the efficiency of this location and will be measured against the same K.P.I's.
* Each engineer will complete work records that needs to be filled out daily; this will log what jobs they have been assigned to and how long they have spent on each of the tasks.
* When an engineer has had to take parts from the stores then this will be documented on the sheets provided to say what the part is, who is the manufacturer, and how many have been used. As the stores develop the engineers will be required to use the new system and always follow the procedure.
* If there are jobs that are new to the engineer then this task needs to be risk assessed and using the books provided fill out a risk assessment form for the task to be taken on.
* Engineers are to fill in the Engineering work record for all jobs undertaken throughout the shift. This is a mandatory requirement and will link into the time and audit sheets.
* All paperwork will be put into Engineering work record folder at the end of their shift
To apply for this role through HRGO Recruitment please click on the "apply button"
HRGO Recruitment offers permanent and temporary jobs across the UK - visit (url removed) to get in touch with your local branch for more opportunities
Horizon Search & Selection Ltd
Travail Employment Group
Horizon Search & Selection Ltd