Electrical Contracts Manager
Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by Anonymous
Basically, you will be responsible for electrical contracts and ensure that contracts are secured, delivered on time, to the required standards within budget, whilst maximising client satisfaction.
• Ensure the delivery of projects from pre-construction planning to delivery and after care post practical completion.
• Ensure the selection and coordination of subcontractors.
• Responsible for operations and work-force management on designated projects.
• Responsible for quality control and compliance.
• Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations.
• Ensure compliance with the company health and safety policy.
• Ensure works are designed, installed tested to the current IEE regulations.
• Attend regular review meetings with the electrical department.
• Responsible for the continued compliance and membership of trade regulatory bodies inc: NICEIC.
• To undertake work in accordance with the Company's H&S Policy and other procedures.
• Ensure compliance with the companies policies and best practice.
• Maintains and develops relationships with key customers, business partners and stakeholders.
• Responsible for compliance with all aspects of site health and safety including compliance with current legislation.
• Receive regular feedback from customers and ensure that any complaints are swiftly and effectively dealt with in line with the NICEIC guide lines.
• Ensure tender enquiries are dealt with efficiently and deadlines are met.
Pre - Construction Phase:
• Allocate appropriate resources to ensure all deliverables are met on time such as materials, labour & sub-contractors.
• Ensure design and drawing works are completed and scheduled in a timely manner to allow for sufficient lead times.
• To remain fully coherent with the project and all aspects for the road to delivery.
• Assist with review of options for construction and challenge solutions selected.
• Ensure that the strategies developed in the bid phase for project delivery are adhered to or further developed for the betterment of the project.
• Monitor and ensure all aspects of the installation are carried out in a safe manner implementing the correct equipment to complete works both safely and efficiently.
• Develop and oversee functional systems to help the team deliver projects.
• Ensure that the supply chain act in accordance with their sub-contracts.
• Focus on success and on overcoming obstacles to delivery.
• Openly and honestly present controversial, sensitive and complex issues to the customer and his team.
• Monitor methods and output to ensure that the required quality standards are achieved at minimum cost and the requirement for snagging is minimal.
• Monitor output to ensure compliance with Building Regulations and any other prevailing legislation.
• Ensure that NICEIC standards and practices are followed & appropriately documented throughout the installation.
• Monitor job costing's and contribute, question, challenge and endorse the commercial strategy and delivery to our agreed plans.
• Highlight any presented risks and discuss reduction strategy with line management.
Post Construction Phase:
• Be accountable for completing projects successfully.
• Responsible for improving and changing methodologies and processes as required for greater efficiencies.
• Analyse the performance of labour from both positive and negative prospective.
• Ensure final accounts are submitted in due course to meet deadlines.
• Proven commercial awareness.
• Good knowledge of construction methods, techniques and procedures.
• Extensive knowledge of current up to date IEE wiring regulations
• An understanding of Contract Law and JCT contracts.
• Ability to ensure all subcontractors complies with H&S procedures.
• BEng Hons Degree - desirable.
• 17th Edition wiring regulations NVQ 3.
• Asbestos awareness training.
If you feel you have the right qualities in such a demanding role please drop me an email with your updated CV
Hays Construction and Property
Hays Construction and Property
F M I Contracts Ltd