Sr Product Mgr, Marketing Tech
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Fanatics, Inc.
We operate websites for the largest sports leagues and teams in the world and are constantly trying to increase the traffic to our sites. We are seeking an awesome individual to join our Marketing Technology team as a Product Manager. This role will focus on enabling the creation of features which will increase traffic and efficiency for our SEM, Social, SEO, Comparison Shopping Engine, Display and Affiliates channels. We are looking for someone who likes to understand how systems work and wants to become the domain expert to whom others turn to. This role will also have responsibility for defining and documenting product requirements and working closely with other PMs, front end and back end developers, and QA engineers in an agile development environment to ensure we ship features that enable our business customers and drive users to our site. We are looking for a smart, savvy technologist who loves data, eMarketing, eCommerce, and sports.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with our technology and data teams to understand platform capabilities and operations; learn how the platforms work and be the expert on the team who helps us get the most out of available capabilities
- Help define product vision and roadmap for all of our traffic driving platforms.
- Define and document features and communicate product requirements in ways that make sense in the context of an agile process (written, visual, direct conversation) in sufficient detail to allow developers to execute effectively
- Understand product requirements from stakeholder across the business (e.g., executives, partner managers, other product teams), integrate requirements into the product roadmap
- Drive on-going prioritization of projects, trade-off discussions, and communication of accurate timelines and status back to stakeholders
- Support the day-to-day operations by triaging issues, validating data, and communicating to stakeholders
- Monitor and understand the development calendar - know where your products are in development at all times and manage blockers and dependencies
- Be an expert with respect to our competition
- Great attention to detail and vigilance for following through on your work
- Deliver. Say what you will and then do it. Be the person who just gets it done!
Education & Experience Requirements
- Computer Science, or related degree; Masters preferred
- 3+ years experience in consumer internet or e-commerce
- Experience with search engine marketing and/or other eMarketing channels highly desirable. The ideal candidate understands PPC advertising and strategies/technologies used to optimize marketing spend.
- Experience defining and shipping great features and products
- Experience documenting technical product requirements
- Experience using analytics and data to make product decisions
- Experience with querying databases using SQL
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work across an organization effectively
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Passion for technology
- Sense of humor, willingness to laugh at danger and an appreciation of the ironic are all pluses