Engineering Mgr Enterprise Data & Analytics
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Nike
Overview NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building - and sharing - digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We're passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you're an athlete.
- Full Time
- Level: Corporate
- Travel: Minimal
Success Profile At Nike Digital, we're revolutionizing fitness and sport. We're creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and acheive their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike's proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our products, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- Digitally Savvy
- Technologically Savvy
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows. Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day. Ryan Miller Technical Architect
- Tuition Reimbursment
- Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
- Family Support
- Relocation Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance
- Company Wide Volunteering
Nike has embraced big data technologies to enable data-driven decisions. We're looking to expand our Data Engineering team to keep pace. As a Data Engineering Manager, you will work with a variety of talented Nike teammates and be a driving force for building first-class solutions for Nike Technology and its business partners, working on development projects related to supply chain, commerce, consumer behavior and web analytics among others.
Your work will be highly impactful. We have a small team which equals big impact. We have organized our team for speed and autonomy but backed by world class resources.
- Hire and lead a data engineering team. Leverage your deep knowledge to provide technical leadership to take projects from zero to completion.
- Architect, build and maintain scalable data pipelines built for speed and accuracy.
- Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks centered around high-volume data processing.
- Set the technical direction and drive engineering excellence across the team.
- Oversee and complete migration of legacy processes to a shared scalable data infrastructure.
- Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines using tools and languages prevalent in the big data ecosystem
- Drive a culture of collaborative reviews of designs, code and test plans
- Work with architecture engineering leads to ensure quality solutions are implemented and engineering best practices adhered to
- Utilize and advance continuous integration and deployment frameworks
- Troubleshoot complex data issues and perform root cause analysis
- Work across teams to resolve operational & performance issues
- Identify and remove technical bottlenecks for your engineering squad
- MS/BS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- Strong experience in creating a dev ops culture for data engineering
- 7+ years of experience in large-scale software development , 3+ years of big data experience
- 3 + years as a team lead or manager position providing mentorship to engineers
- Deep understanding of measuring and ensuring data quality at scale and the required tooling to monitor and optimize the performance of our data pipelines.
- Exceptional at defining plans and goals and executing on them
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with team members and business stakeholders
- A data engineer with SDE chops. Strong programming experience in Python or Scala preferred
- Experience building and shipping data production pipelines sourcing data from a diverse array of sources.
- Extensive experience with Hadoop and related processing frameworks such as Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Airflow etc.
- Extensive experience with big data processing within cloud environments such AWS or Azure