Sr Demand Planner - Mountain Hardwear
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Columbia Sportswear
- Create seasonal and monthly demand forecasts at style-color-size level for specific product categories per strategic category revenue goals, market conditions and opportunities, advertising plans, customer bookings and sell-through, channel strategies, account door profiles and growth plans.
- Support seasonal go-to-market line development process by creating initial style level forecasts in collaboration with Sales and Merchandising. Support line planning, SKU management, and long-range material planning by creating seasonal full-price forecasts at the style and style-color-size level.
- Create monthly demand flow based on historical shipment flow and aligned to target. Review FOD flow and make recommendations to support market demand and reduce inventory risk.
- Provide on-going reconciliation of the bottoms up style forecasts to the tops down financial targets throughout the go-to market process for wholesale and direct to consumer channels.
- Lead the collaborative, consensus forecast process with Sales and Merchandising during formal Demand Plan Review meetings.
- Determine and communicate forecast confidence, including risks and opportunities, to the Supply Planners. Provide input to Supply Planners at style-color level, to reduce buy risk during pre-build period. Monitor demand vs supply plan to ensure coverage and inventory targets are met.
- Utilize Forecast Accuracy results and apply learnings to future style forecasts. Complete color analysis and apply learnings to future color forecasts.
- Take a leadership role in providing in-depth analysis and seasonal recaps to Sales and Merchandising, to inform future line plans and strategies.
- Participate in cross functional task forces to improve systems and business processes.
- Take initiative to provide in-depth analysis for key stakeholders that informs business decisions and improves supply chain operations.
- Understand, explain and track anomalies that affect the demand curves and category forecasts.
- Responsible for providing training or leadership for team members and may assist with the planning and assigning of personnel to projects or tasks.
- Bachelor's degree, applicable certification or background and experience related to Retail planning
- 5+ years of professional wholesale/retail industry experience with specialized knowledge of related standards/practices and initiatives
- Advanced knowledge within the Demand Planning function and related Supply Chain areas.
- Superior forecasting skills.
- Experience in key supply chain functions including planning, forecasting, supply planning, buying, materials planning, inbound and outbound logistics, and distribution.
- Experience using information systems associated with demand and supply planning.
- Significant experience using Microsoft Excel to create spreadsheets, charts and pivot tables; proficiency with functions such as sum if, vlookup, etc.
- Experience using SAP and Cognos BI preferred
- The ability to present to groups of varying sizes and levels within the company.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age