First Article Inspector Engineer
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Anonymous
Working alongside the Quality team the purpose of this role is to provide assurance that the company and its supply chain are capable of producing products / parts / assemblies that comply with engineering and design requirements. FAI shall form objective evidence that the company is capable of producing a product in compliance with drawing requirements, specifications and production instructions.
The role is expected to support strategic direction and assurance on compliance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include
* Manage FAI Forecast and FAI plan to ensure all FAI activity is planned and coordinated with the Operations function.
* Complete New & Delta FAI's as required in accordance with AS9102 Rev B
* Act as the point of contact for customer and FAI queries.
* Demonstrate that the Operations function is skilled with relevant product requirements.
* Provide objective evidence for process capability.
* Reduce potential risks related to production initiation and / or changes in the process.
* Verify the development process has ended and there exists a readiness for serial production.
* Ensure product compatibility at the beginning of production and after changes specified in this procedure.
* Verify incoming paperwork and FAI's for parts flagged as requiring inspection.
* Contribute to MRB meetings - CAB initiation.
* Continuous Improvement through feedback of FAI failures (Non-conformance Handling)
The successful candidate should be a certified quality engineer and IRCA Lead auditor and will be eligible for security clearance, have experience of AS9100/9100:2016 Quality Management Systems and AS9102 Rev B.
In addition to this the following skills would be highly beneficial;
* Experience of Aerospace and/or Defence Sector
* Familiar with IPC -610/620, J-STD-001, FAA 145, CAAC145 and NADCAP AC7120 requirements
* Quality Engineer in Manufacturing facility for electronics/optics-mechanics products
To apply, in confidence, please send your CV to Chris Chambury at TRF Engineering, a specialist division of the Recruitment Fix.
Please note that we receive a high volume of applications. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion