Level 3 Electrician, QA Assembly Supervisor
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Anonymous
Level 3 Electrician, QA Assembly Supervisor needs to have all aspects of the Job Description below, PLUS they will be required to do TFL installation submissions, upload assessments and Risk Assessment & Method Statements (RAMS). RAMS may be required by third parties to demonstrate that health and safety has been properly considered and that the requirements of the CDM regulations have been satisfied. The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM Regulations) are intended to ensure that health and safety issues are properly considered during a project's development so that the risk of harm to those who have to build, use and maintain structures is reduced.
This position sits above the general Level 3 Electricians role.
Our client, based on the Medway City Estate in Rochester, Kent is an award winning fin-tech start-up and is now in an exciting and rapid paced stage of growth. They have developed the world's first self-service coin currency exchange kiosk which will dominate the way money exchange is transacted. They are a world leader in the design and manufacture of automated foreign exchange kiosks. Their kiosks can accept a vast amount of different currencies including currencies which are now out of circulation and turn these into pounds, euros or US dollars. With leading edge technology, they aim to have global presence within the next couple of years. With contracts already signed with TfL, Westfield and Virgin Rail, they will shortly be dominating money exchange transactions within the rail network in the UK. Further plans for the European and overseas markets are presently being negotiated.
This company is very exciting, young, innovative and expansive - getting in on the ground floor would provide an exciting opportunity for you to be one of the initial team.
We are looking for a trustworthy, professional and proactive individual with a good team working ethos to join their team. We seek an individual who is a well organised, flexible, experienced and highly motivated who has excellent electrician skills and QA experience.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the below tasks. This role would suit candidates with a range of skills including those from telecoms - such as wiring, assembly and/or production line background. You may from time to time be asked to fulfil other duties in line with your job.
Based mainly at our clients Head Office on the Medway City Estate in Rochester, you will be required to build the Kiosks, carry out QA checks on them once they are constructed to make sure the wiring, cables and electrics have all been installed safely. Installations of the Kiosks generally take place over night on their various sites in and around London which you would also be involved in. TFL Surveys, Space Applications and Load Applications to test the additional amount of electricity used to power up the Kiosks will also need to be performed. Training for TFL procedures for the London Underground will be given.
Essential Criteria, Experience and Skills
* Successful candidates must hold either an ECS or a JIB Gold Card
* A City & Guilds 2360 level 1/2 and NVQ Level 3 qualification
* A BS th Edition qualification
* Installation and assembly, testing and commissioning of factory kiosks.
* Electrical installation work.
* Maintenance of field kiosks.
* Assist field maintenance teams.
* PAT testing.
* Assist with the delivery or pickup of procured supplies from various manufacturers.
* Required to read electrical schematics and apply small innovations to existing projects.
Specific Technical Duties include:
* Analysis and investigation of electrical problems.
* Repair, substitution or replacement of faulty hardware as necessary.
* Repair, installation, reinstallation or reprogram of software as necessary.
* Testing and error checking of IT equipment and networks.
* Backup of data as necessary in order to restore functionality.
* Provide recommendations as necessary for the general health of the equipment.
* Provide technical documentation and/or materials upon request or as necessary.
Non Specific Technical Duties include:
* May include running network cabling. Also may require working with onsite technicians in order to facilitate networking solutions.
* May include installing physical equipment (i.e. networking patch panels, or racks or rack enclosures or hub stations) on, under or above workstations, server rooms and/or specifically designed equipment.
Specific Non-Technical Duties include:
* Transportation of equipment (including pickup and drop off to 3rd parties if necessary).
* Must be able to carry and lift, including but not limited to toolboxes, ladders, packaged computers and equipment such as monitors, display panels or small TV's, laptops, servers or UPS units but no more than 70lbs per individual.
* Self-motivated and innovative.
* Must be presentable.
* Must have good English communication skills in both written and verbal forms.
* Must be willing to work non-standard business hours including in some cases late evenings and/or weekend and/or holidays.
* Must wear steel toe (CSA approved) footwear and conform to uniform standards at all times.
* Must have a current passport.
* Must have a full, clean UK driving licence.
Salary will be in the region of £35000.00 P/A
Hours 7am to 4pm Monday to Friday
(Ash Employment Services Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity)