Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by Anonymous
Main Purpose of the position:
The Site Services Engineer is responsible for the general day to day buildings, site services and Water Treatment Plant maintenance activities, this is a hands on role. The role will cover and have an oversight of all site services industrial equipment, Boilers, Compressors, Dryers, Chiller's, Power Generators and Water Treatment Plant etc., along with the buildings and grounds maintenance which includes, general office, doors, lighting, toilets, drains, guttering, roadway repairs etc. You will be a multi-skilled engineer electrically biased or with electrical qualification.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Daily, Weekly checks & maintenance of Compressed Air systems, Boilers, Chiller's, Sprinkler system, Water Treatment systems & Power Generators.
- Legionella control checks.
- Site wide WC facilities, inspection, repairs etc.
- Arranging & overseeing septic & interceptor tank emptying and maintenance checks.
- Arranging & overseeing specialist contractors for maintenance and compliance inspections, Fire Alarm, Fire Sprinkler system, Air Conditioning, Chiller's, Boilers, CCTV etc. as required.
- Organising Permits to Work, Risk Assessment and Method Statements of contractor to site.
- General factory & office based buildings repairs.
- Building Lighting repairs.
- Putting up signs, notice boards, etc.
- Continuously improve existing equipment and facilities in a controlled and methodical manner.
- Clearing site gutters and drains.
- Maintaining grounds & roads, keeping on top of weed growth
- Any other adhoc duties as required
Key Performance Indicators:
- Safety record
- PPM Completion rate
- Associated regulatory compliance
- Reactive maintenance Completion rate (job request vs completed)
- Condition of buildings & grounds, Doors, WC facilities, Guttering, etc.
- Performance management (Quarterly)
- Employee communication
- Industrial site services equipment
- Site services regulatory compliance
- Fire Alarm, Sprinkler systems, CCTV, Water Treatment, Boilers, Compressors
- General buildings maintenance
- Team working skills whilst able to work under own initiative
- Able to work under pressure and deliver results to a defined deadline
- Can-do attitude, self-motivated
- Attention to detail
- Continuous Improvement
- Min 5 yrs previous experience in similar role
- Water Treatment systems, Boilers, Air Compressors, Buildings Electrical Distribution Systems
Preferable Training & Qualifications:
- Apprentice trained qualified Multi Skilled engineer, C&G, NVQ level
- 10 Years in a Facilities maintenance and/or engineering maintenance role
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Fully versed in MS Office Suite of tools
- Familiarity with engineering drawings, specifications and their interpretation