Purchase ledger clerk - Short term/Temp
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
You should have a proper experience as a purchase ledger clerk or a very good accounting background.
You will have shared responsibility for the daily running and monthly closing of the Company's Purchase Ledger, and Assisting the Financial Accountant.
Number of invoices processed by month (purchase) : 180/month (9/day)
Minimum education level and/or equivalent professional experience needed:
Education to GCSE level, similar experience in an accounts department
Specific skills or qualifications (foreign languages, software skills, technical skills):
- Knowledge of SAP in respect of Purchase Ledger.
- A good knowledge of MS Excel with the ability to set up and validate spread-sheet formulas
- A theoretical understanding of the balance sheet and P&L and how they interact.
- An understanding of the cut-off principle and its application in periodical reporting
- Experience of Purchase Order flows and principles
-An ability to reconcile
-Good communication skills- transparency with his/her manager
-Respect timeline/ organized/structured/ability to manage priorities
-Pay attention to details/ accuracy
* Day to day running of Purchase Ledger using SAP and Nintex system, including loading of all Purchase Ledger invoices onto Nintex for circulation, dealing with queries, and entering validated invoices for payment into SAP.
* Approval and reconciliation of Staff expenses via Concur, and Euro/GBP petty cash expenses and other adhoc invoices onto SAP.
* Entry of FB60 Invoices (not Purchase Order related) onto SAP for Legal and other costs in a timely manner for Direct Debit payments or payment runs to ensure prompt payment to legal deadlines.
* Alongside with the Financial Accountant assistant, responsible for preparing Vendor Master Data form from information gathered from the Business, and liaising with Group Master file Department for creation/amendment/deletion of Vendors in SAP (General/Legal and Vendor/Customers). Liaise with HR Department for creation/amendment/deletion of Employee Vendors in SAP
* Checking and validating payment run, and liaising with Group Treasury regarding payments and queries.
* Monthly reconciliations of Supplier Statements to Accounts Payable Ledger to clear queries to ensure that company Creditor days KPI is adhered to.
* Monthly analysis, reconciliation and clearing of Vendor accounts to ensure accuracy of Vendors (excluding Intercompany and Customer/Vendor accounts.
* Reconcile BACS/Direct Debit proposals and invoices/credit notes processed in the month and Creditors Control Account for month end
* Responsibility to monitor, correct and inform other departments regarding correct VAT treatment of Purchase Invoices.
* Liaison with Purchase requisitioners to solve queries, and ensure costs are captured accurately and on time
* Enter Intercompany recharges onto SAP, produce invoices and enter into Intranetting (COPROCESS). Liaise with Credit Control/Contra Accountant regarding timing of upload of recharges into Co-Process for month end (usually Month end Day minus 3)
* Reconciliation and matching within Co-Process system at month end for Group Treasury purposes and to ensure accuracy of Intercompany accounts
* Monthly Intercompany flow upload of Group payment clearing in SAP (based upon prior month Co-Process reconciliation).
* Liaison with Purchase Ledger Accountant regarding timing of upload of recharges into Co-Process for month end (usually Month end Day minus 3)
* Shared responsible for clearing, maintaining and reconciling GR/IR (Goods receipt/invoice receipt) accounts within SAP on a monthly basis.
* Monthly review of open purchase orders / commitments and review of month end invoices not GR'd to assist the financial accountant with the preparation of accruals (overheads and logistics related costs)
* Responsible for Creditcard receipts, logging them in a spreadsheet, prepare accrual journals and posting in SAP.
* Entering car information required for calculation of VAT Fuel Scale Charge (see legal reporting).
* Ad-hoc projects as designated by the Financial Accountant / Finance & Admin Director
* Work with Financial Accountant and Quality Manager to document processes and procedures and suggest improvements in effectiveness and efficiency.
* Quality of internal and external relations
* Initiative in following up supplier queries
* Timely and accurate posting of accounting documents
* Timely follow up of supplier queries
* Timely and accurate closing of purchase ledger at month end payments
Interpersonnel UK Ltd is acting as a recruitment consultancy on behalf of our client.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion
THE KNOLE ACADEMY
RIVERHEAD INFANT SCHOOL