Vice President, Deputy Global Legal Solutions
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Citigroup Inc.
The employer is the leading global bank.
- Budget and Finance
- Under the guidance of the Director of Business Management, the selected candidate will be accountable for managing all aspects of global internal and external legal spend:
- Perform and provide financial performance analytical support and reporting on internal and external spend for the Legal Management Committee (LMC) members, their one/two downs, and respective business/regional partners.
- Coordinate all aspects of the global annual budget process to ensure regional entries tie to approved budgets and functional are documented and processed.
- Manage and drive all the end-to-end global allocations, charge out and roundtable process, training, and inquiries.
- This individual will lead extensive analytics of data from the Legal systems for CCAR and other Op Risk submissions.
- Support Legal CCAR attestation by analyzing the quarter's result, quarter-over-quarter changes and preparing quarterly metrics for the Litigation GC and ORM management.
- Prepare exclusions analysis to identify overlaps between the Legal Reserves Repository (LRR) and the Loss Capture System.
- Coordinate the collection of sampling data to support Internal and External Audits and prepare statements to support findings before final submissions.
- Litigation Support
- Support the quarterly litigation and accruals meetings by:
- Analyzing litigation activities globally and preparing summaries for the GCs review in advance of the meetings.
- Continuously update Litigation Guidelines to maintain consistent and auditable global standards by aligning Legal's to Regulatory, Operational Risk and Finance requirements.
- Process and Controls
- Lead or participate in projects for the purpose of ensuring efficient and effective functioning of the unit. This includes:
- Ensuring adequate process maps, procedures and documents are maintained.
- Leading the reengineering and/or automation of processes to improve productivity, controls and quality.
- Perform managers control assessments on relevant processes (settlements, reserves, legal fee accruals, loss capture and significant matters).
- Maintain documentation of testing and remediation of issues.
- Serve as SOX coordinator for Litigation Accruals (Reserves).
- 10+ years' experience with budgets and financial reporting and analysis.
- Bachelor's degree; strong interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
- Expert proficiency / Power User in Excel (scripting/macros a plus), PowerPoint, and Micro Strategy, with ability to adopt in-house systems, comprehend and drive changes.
- Significant experience working across offices, time-zones, and cultures
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, with short notice, in a rapidly changing environment; occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions.
- Able to manage tasks prioritization, decision making on non-complex matters relative to the team's delivery of information, while taking the initiative to meet assigned deadlines.
- Organized and detailed oriented.
Open Text Software GmbH